THAI transforms old life vests, slide rafts into fashionable handbags

snoop1130

When you are reduced to finding ways to sell of parts of your airline to pay off creditors, you now the jig is up.  But maybe I will buy a few of the first class cabin seats and install them at home for my guests.  Or, Thai Airways can go into the hotel business and sell overnight accommodations onboard the mothballed fleet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Are you joking? Do you know how old the normal Thai Air-hostess is? Thai Smile then ok. 

Thai Smile will do, the older ones from Thai could serve drinks or clean glasses. Not sure what they could do with the pilots, maybe they can use them as bouncers?

• Haha 1

This is actually quite sad on a few levels.

Meant for domestic consumption, to show how their mighty national airline are working oh-so-hard during this time. Meanwhile, TG, which has been raping taxpayers money for decades, continues to rot.

However, with this initiative and the tremendous donut sales in Chiang Mai, surely light is at the end of the tunnel.

I repeat my previous comments - let's privatise all that is possible in the Thai public sector, and move into the 20th (yes) century at least...

• Like 1

Personally I am waiting on them to sell airplane parts. I'd buy a yoke. Or a flight attendant. That would really be getting into the spirit of things. Think of it: auction the girls and boys, generate some revenue, and on top of that you wouldn't have to pay them any more wages or severance packages. Win-win for everybody. Well, maybe not for the staff sold.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Thai Smile will do, the older ones from Thai could serve drinks or clean glasses. Not sure what they could do with the pilots, maybe they can use them as bouncers?

Yeah, now you are talking!  Where Thai could really be of service and cover the other end of the spectrum for men who like men, is as it looks from my perspective that a majority of the male attendants are of the LGBT persuasion. But I would be in the Thai Smile club. thank you.

• Like 1

Praise the Lord, prayers have been heard and Thai Airways is getting saved by handbags and doughnuts .............. Is there anyone in that company with a whiff of common sense; seriously? 

Maybe it escaped their attention but the internet is also accessed outside Thailand; those thousands of passengers waiting for refund look eagerly forward to their handbag - I am pretty sure about that! 

9 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Maybe it escaped their attention but the internet is also accessed outside Thailand; those thousands of passengers waiting for refund look eagerly forward to their handbag - I am pretty sure about that! 

Refunds will be in fried donuts and ridiculous handbags.

Who am I kidding? You ain't getting a refund. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

How the mighty have fallen!!

The way Thai was run is Thailand in microcosm...

Thai Airways has been circling the drain for a decade...and in all that time, neither government, airline management, or its unions stepped up with a plan to truly restructure the airline to get rid of endemic graft, corruption, and insider dealing. A truly sad statement indeed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not a bad little gimmick...  but, handbags and sausage rolls are not going to save an airline though.

It's no longer a viable airline, might just as well park-up the aircraft somewhere accessible and turn them into restaurants.