THAI transforms old life vests, slide rafts into fashionable handbags

snoop1130

Some aviation collectors will go for this, not such a bad idea.  Sure its not going to save the airline and it probably isn’t planned to do so, just making use of materials which would otherwise end up in scrap.  Several companies already sell food storage units as furniture and even aircraft skin made into luggage tags.

Edited by steveyinasia
Spelling issues
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

How about a special promotion?

"Become a member of the famous mile-high-club without the need to buy a flight ticket. Just join the club at flight level zero, by paying a bar fine to enter the parked airplane, and a few thousand Baht for banging a comely lass in purple uniform while enjoying the privacy of our first class cabin. Get a nice certificate as souvenir for having experienced this unforgettable journey! Smooth as Silk, that's our promise to you!"

They could combine that with a status for "Frequent Flyers", with Silver, Gold and Platinum status, and free "flights" for their most loyal customers.

I think this would be the most profitable way to use the abandoned airplanes.

To live up to my forum moniker, I gratefully offer to be their first passenger!

In all the years I flew with Thai, I can't say I noticed many comely lasses

Maybe a few Lassie's  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, steveyinasia said:

Some aviation collectors will go for this, not such a bad idea.  Sure its not going to save the airline and it probably isn’t planned to do so, just making use of materials which would otherwise end up in scrap.  Several companies already sell food storage units as furniture and even aircraft skin made into luggage tags.

I don't quite see this time of limited funds for the worlds population as the best opportunity to promote overpriced 'limited editions'

1 hour ago, Grumpy one said:

In all the years I flew with Thai, I can't say I noticed many comely lasses

Maybe a few Lassie's  :whistling:

Agree. It even became worse after Thai Smile was founded. They moved all the few young beauties they had there, maybe because they thought they were too unexperienced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, steveyinasia said:

Yes, but doubtful they start selling stupid trinkets before developing a plan to reform and restructure the airline. Trying to equate Thais with the developed world almost never works 

• Sad 1