Passport withheld by authorities - How to to renew extension of stay...

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Also, of importance - has the condo fixed their fire fighting equipment ?

Kudos to getting involved. More people like you are needed in every building. 

I’m sure there are fires that have killed people whereby if someone like you had raised issues people would be alive today. 

I have long wondered about the Condo sprinkler systems - how are they even tested?

Doesn’t rust build up and block the sprinkler ports? 

Are they always pressured with water? we never hear of them leaking.

I don't know about Thailand sprinklers but in America the sprinkler heads are manufactured to be as foolproof as possible mechanically. A brass plug is held into a brass receptacle by a special bow spring that weakens and falls out when heated. The water stream hits a flat spreader plate that distributes the flow, so no small orifices anywhere. Water supply line has a single cutoff valve that is chained open and locked. Only the local fire department has the key. System is tested and certified annually by said department. As far as I know the supply lines can be cast iron but very large diameter. 

I would hope it's the same here and am willing to bet 20฿ that I'm correct. 

Any takers? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, zappalot said:

To me it seems that there are no fines for violating any of these requirements. Probably similar to the problem that there are no fines to most of the regulations of the condominium act of Thailand, which is a law of the Kingdom of Thailand. Why would the management care about laws if no one can enforce these laws. Practically for example the condominium act is a useless piece of paper worth absolutely nothing. And so are probably regulations in regards of fire safety. Government inspectors can make a show within the building but there's nothing they can do to make sure the management is fixing problems. Paper tigers If you know what I mean…

I can only say that the management company of your condo must be really <deleted>*y . And they totally deserve to be sued. 

I've lived in two different condos here in Bangkok, and in both of them they periodically check those things and fix them if broken. 

On 10/30/2020 at 2:14 PM, a10ams said:

What made it even more incredible was, on the opposite side of the road there is a compound which houses firemen and their families, but no tenders. Some of them came down to watch, as it wasn't their patch they just stood around looking.

I seem to remember hearing another story of firemen watching a place burn down as it was safe to do so for some reason.  It seems as much as they like to put out fires, they like to watch them also.

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I think the building needs a new management company. Urgently.

yes, of course. Just 90% of the co-owners give a damn <deleted>, even if they harm themselves by low value and no safety...

Archived