Multi-Port Socket USB 3.0 Adapter

toast1

I have a multi port USB adaptor, but find the signal for keyboard, mouse etc. is so weak that they do not work.#

What adaptor should I buy that gives a strong signal?

The one I have now is a generic off Ebay, should I buy a brand name or a high speed adaptor?

Thanks

8 hours ago, toast1 said:

I have a multi port USB adaptor, but find the signal for keyboard, mouse etc. is so weak that they do not work.#

What adaptor should I buy that gives a strong signal?

Now that a reread this, your query makes little sense re: "signal ... is weak, what adapter that gives a strong signal?"

USB digital device connections tend to work or not work, there *usually* isn't a case for weak or strong signal on USB socketed or cabled devices (maybe intermittent on longish cable runs) ...but if your using a USB adapter that's converting/conveying data via RF (Radio Frequency wireless) then that is a completely different and separate kettle of wireless fish.

Still, if you are trying to connect multiple powered devices through a USB 2 or USB3 Hub or Multi-Port style Docking Station then it should have it's own beefy power supply.

Mice and keyboards are low-power draw devices. So long as the USB 'hub' isn't squandering the power there should be little issue using a self-powered unit (if all the USB 'hub' is was a muiti-port USB Hub).

The problem most people have with the 'cheap ones' is compatibility/stability issues from a poorly designed product. That's why most people say to go with name brand, but even then you still need to read the USER product reviews for feedback on specific product reliability.

15 hours ago, toast1 said:

So would it make any difference if I bought a more expensive USB adaptor port, to plug in my mouse, keyboard etc. Without power supply.

Or do the cheap ones have the same effect?

I feel this is a hit or miss affair!

I have a Targus USB hub. On some devices it works, on some it does not. Have experienced this many times on different PC's and devices. Try to fix the Mouse and KB direct on the PC and the other devices on the USB hub.

• Like 1