Vaccines, not spy planes: U.S. misfires in Southeast Asia

14 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Due to the liability laws the US companies are much more concerned with the safety of the vaccine. The testing takes longer! If I have a choice I would sure pick the USA vaccine over the less tested China version. None is ever perfect but more testing is better!

you clearly dont know what you are talking about!

No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, mariohh1 said:

you clearly dont know what you are talking about!

No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988

I'm sure Indonesia won't abide by a US law.

4 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Due to the liability laws the US companies are much more concerned with the safety of the vaccine. The testing takes longer! If I have a choice I would sure pick the USA vaccine over the less tested China version. None is ever perfect but more testing is better!

It is nothing to do with liability laws, they have been made immune from lawsuits for COVID vaccines.

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

I'm sure Indonesia won't abide by a US law.

And why should they?  The US is a joke.  US law is for the US, they are not the world police, quite the opposite.  Its typical USA thinking only of the USA which at this moment in time reflects as Trump thinking only of Trump.  Indonesia should rightfully first think of Indonesia.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

And why should they?  The US is a joke.  US law is for the US, they are not the world police, quite the opposite.  Its typical USA thinking only of the USA which at this moment in time reflects as Trump thinking only of Trump.  Indonesia should rightfully first think of Indonesia.

Yes, didn't figure I needed to add the tongue-in-cheek emoji.  Indonesia can sue whoever they choose to. The USA should think about itself, at all times.