Sam Smith says they want to have children by 35: 'I want to be mummy'

snoop1130

By Sarah Young

Smith Lowe.png

Sam Smith has revealed their desire to have children by the age of 35.

The “I Feel Love” singer, currently 28, said they want to start a family soon and watch their children grow.

During an interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe, Smith, who last year came out as non-binary, said: “I want kids. I want all of it. I want to have kids.

“I want to be with the kids and I want to watch them grow and be with them every day. I want to be mummy.”

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/sam-smith-children-35-relationship-non-binary-b1365410.html

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Good for anyone who feels they can be a good parent.... 

However, isn't "I want to be a mummy" a binary concept ?... Why not just announce “I want to be a parent” ????

This guy has the voice of an angel and is truly talented, I have many of his albums and enjoy his work a lot. But the whole 'non-binary’ issue and referring to him as ‘they’ is a little too woke for common sense IMO. 

Its not my thing either but it's how he feels and I don't see how its hurting anyone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nonbinary does not mean someone is gay. Nonbinary is simply gender identification, or rather the absence of it. 

That said, Sam Smith has come out as being gay. That doesn’t prevent him from adopting children or using surrogacy. 

I’m now so woke I’ll find offence if I re-read my own comments.... 

How interesting... where does the mummy bit come in????

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nonbinary does not mean someone is gay. Nonbinary is simply gender identification, or rather the absence of it. 

That said, Sam Smith has come out as being gay. That doesn’t prevent him from adopting children or using surrogacy. 

I’m now so woke I’ll find offence if I re-read my own comments.... 

I just recalled a term we used to use back when I was a kid more than 40 years ago, which seems a more accurate description (although it had a different meaning then) = Gender Bender.

Edited by GarryP

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
14 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

but what about  the kids? do they want a man as mummy?

They want to be loved and cared for. Duh.

If he was quoted as saying "I want to be with the kids and I want to watch them grow and be with them every day. I want to be a parent.” there seems to be less pretence. 

While claiming to be non-binary Sam Smith used a gender specific parental roll. It somewhat whiffs of attention seeking, deliberate in announcing that he wants to be ‘mommy’ as someone born male - as if his intention is to generate attention and some form of controversy. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If he was quoted as saying "I want to be with the kids and I want to watch them grow and be with them every day. I want to be a parent.” there seems to be less pretence. 

While claiming to be non-binary Sam Smith used a gender specific parental roll. It somewhat whiffs of attention seeking, deliberate in announcing that he wants to be ‘mommy’ as someone born male - as if his intention is to generate attention and some form of controversy. 

Give him a break. He isn't running for public office. No need to parse his.every word.

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Give him a break. He isn't running for public office. No need to parse his.every word.

The whole point of the article emphasises Arthur who does not identify with any gender wanting to be Martha

Syntax analysis is the whole point of this article - claims of not being specifically something, while claiming to want to be one of the somethings he doesn’t identify with.

Anyone of the LBGQT community or any other community wanting to be a loving parent is fine - there are children in the world who need loving parents.

I find it an interesting topic - particularly now that I am so woke I’m offended any the disingenuity of someone claiming to be non-binary yet wanting to be a mother :whistling:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, snoop1130 said:

By Sarah Young

Smith Lowe.png

Sam Smith has revealed their desire to have children by the age of 35.

The “I Feel Love” singer, currently 28, said they want to start a family soon and watch their children grow.

During an interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe, Smith, who last year came out as non-binary, said: “I want kids. I want all of it. I want to have kids.

“I want to be with the kids and I want to watch them grow and be with them every day. I want to be mummy.”

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/sam-smith-children-35-relationship-non-binary-b1365410.html

Been watching Monty Python's Holy Grail has he?