On the verge of sixpacking it?

BananaBandit

Sometimes my abs show, sometimes they don't.

But since I've recently increased my jump rope routine, I've noticed a more prominent cavity in the center of my chest.

Does this development suggest I'm on the verge of breaking through into the ecstatic realm of 24/7 ab definition?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

Sometimes my abs show, sometimes they don't.

But since I've recently increased my jump rope routine, I've noticed a more prominent cavity in the center of my chest.

Does this development suggest I'm on the verge of breaking through into the ecstatic realm of 24/7 ab definition?

Abdominal muscles will show if there is only a minimal layer of fat on top of them. Of course the amount of definition depends on the muscle development from workouts and especially specific abs workouts, but no matter how strong your abs are they wont show in six pack style if covered with a moderate or thick layer of fat. For many getting rid of that last little bit of fat especially in the lower abs is the toughest part. Of course genetics and age also play a part. So if you want a six pack there are lots pf specific abs workouts you can find on youtube but you may also need to look at weight loss at the same time. Jump rope would sure be the kind of cardio activity which will help to burn fat.

Edited by Bluedan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bluedan said:

I think a vertical groove on the abs becomes visible before the horizontal ones; not sure a change in chest definition is particularly relevant (could be pec development?)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

Oh brother....Sometimes I suspect myself of being the dumbest person alive. 

I meant to say:   I've noticed a more prominent cavity in the center of my abdominal section....It's like how the Mekong River would divide Laos from Thailand. 

Or, in this case, it would divide three abs on one side from three abs on the other. 

Do I have me a six pack on the way?

29 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

Oh brother....Sometimes I suspect myself of being the dumbest person alive. 

I meant to say:   I've noticed a more prominent cavity in the center of my abdominal section....It's like how the Mekong River would divide Laos from Thailand. 

Or, in this case, it would divide three abs on one side from three abs on the other. 

Do I have me a six pack on the way?

I think you are going to have to show it off with a photo so that we can all comment 

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Note : You do know that the bar girls don't care if you have a six pack or a barrel on pay day.

This ain't about the broads.    This is my own vanity project.    A 6-pack would also give me added moral highground when I complain about my woman's nutritional choices.