Ahead of U.S. election, Trump ends a U.S. restriction applying to Israeli settlements

Happy that Trump did something positive. I didn't vote for him in 2016 and I certainly won't vote for him next week. The last four years have been a disaster and America is a laughingstock around the world. We deserve all the hate we are getting.

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Funny Trump does something your beloved Israel wants and you STILL attack him. There is a word for that. Twist and turn all you like but Trump has done more for your Israel than your Dem pressies in the past. Personally I am against ALL Israel expansion.

Are you quite sure that's what "Israel wants"? Or rather, more likely uninformed as to this being a somewhat controversial issue in Israel? Same goes for the rest of the things you claim Trump did 'for Israel' - they are mostly related to the views of right-wingers/religious parties there. And apparently, equally uninformed as to what Democratic Presidents were involved in - two peace agreements (real ones), and a major boost to the aid Israel receives from the USA (that was Obama, btw).

5 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Happy that Trump did something positive. I didn't vote for him in 2016 and I certainly won't vote for him next week. The last four years have been a disaster and America is a laughingstock around the world. We deserve all the hate we are getting.

Positive how?

And if you have issues with international hate toward the US - how do you imagine this will be play out internationally? Apart from Israeli right-wingers, that is.

Edited by Morch
9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

For those that don't realize it, this is not something that most American Jews want. American Jews are one of the demographics most passionately opposed to the white nationalist movement of 45 (which also includes blacks and LGBT people). This purely political pandering move by 45 is for his hard core right wing extremist Christian evangelical base. They are not really friends of Jews. Their apocalyptic vision for Israel includes Jews being forced to convert in the "end times" or if not, damned. With friends like that who needs enemies? 

Rubbish. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Morch said:

You've been a member long enough to realize that most politically contested topics are not so much about 'discussion', but rather serve as a platform for posters to repeat their views in a loop, and clash with those holding opposite positions.

If you want to express faux outrage about a comment regarding the futility of these 'discussion', that's up to you - I think it's a legit point of view, even if I do not follow what's preached. As for the partisanship comment - that's something you post (one way or another), in a partisan manner - meaning, you do not usually apply criticism such as this to posters holding opposing views.

With the poster himself regularly commenting on politics, it is a hypocritical point of view of the poster I reacted to, only intend to shut a for him potential negative discussion down.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, stevenl said:

With the poster himself regularly commenting on politics, it is a hypocritical point of view of the poster I reacted to, only intend to shut a for him potential negative discussion down.

Well, I comment regularly on contested political topics, and do so despite feeling it's fundamentally futile. I think it would be only natural to feel that way when the same points are rehashed over and over again, and when they are opposed to one's point of view (which is, obviously, the undisputed truth....). It usually takes way more of the usual nonsense (and/or vileness) to get a topic shut down.

• Sad 1