Staggering early vote turnout boosts hopes for Biden in Texas

webfact

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes thats why its very hard for non 45 fans to even talk to 45 fans. 

And they don't understand this.  I've never had problems talking politics with others.  Not until now.  Actually, started with Obama.  Primarily by white Americans.  Racist for sure.

I'm amazed anyone really cares about politics.  It's now a zero sum game.  Shows democracy is a failed form of government.  People aren't smart enough to understand the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes thats why its very hard for non 45 fans to even talk to 45 fans. 

In any normal place trump would be lucky to have 5% support. Im amazed its so high in US. So many dumb people.

18 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Boggles my mind that anyone could support Trump and his policy of scorched earth.  Stunning.

It boggles my mind anyone could support either one of them.

The fact that more people do not think like this, with these two clowns as candidates, just proves people's real motivations for their support are based on inability to recognize the quandary they have put themselves in.

People need hope, even if the hope is obviously false. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Thanks. As is often the case with The Economist, good writing.

In this election America faces a fateful choice. At stake is the nature of its democracy. One path leads to a fractious, personalised rule, dominated by a head of state who scorns decency and truth. The other leads to something better—something truer to what this newspaper sees as the values that originally made America an inspiration around the world.

Funny reading these globalist one-worlders wet their pants at a possible Trump re-election. Hyperbole much?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sujo said:

In any normal place trump would be lucky to have 5% support. Im amazed its so high in US. So many dumb people.

Is  the 'dumb' generalisation fair or is bigoted more to the point?

8 minutes ago, sucit said:

It boggles my mind anyone could support either one of them.

The fact that more people do not think like this, with these two clowns as candidates, just proves people's real motivations for their support are based on inability to recognize the quandary they have put themselves in.

People need hope, even if the hope is obviously false. 

The only similarity between Biden and Trump is they are both candidates in this election.

The constant equating of Biden to Trump is nonsense, they are diametrically opposite.

Trumps lies, hate mongering, violence baiting and cruelty v Biden’s decency.

That’s the choice on the ballot.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And they don't understand this.  I've never had problems talking politics with others.  Not until now.  Actually, started with Obama.  Primarily by white Americans.  Racist for sure.

I'm amazed anyone really cares about politics.  It's now a zero sum game.  Shows democracy is a failed form of government.  People aren't smart enough to understand the game.

On this point we agree...democracy and representative government are way overrated, and may turn out to be a historical anomaly. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

When you call supporters of the President dumb, ignorant, and racist, is it any wonder you have a hard time talking to them? Why would anyone want to talk to YOU when you have so many preconceived notions about someone you disagree with? 

It boggles my mind how intolerant those who preach tolerance are.  If you approach with a bit of an open mind and perhaps listen for a bit before jumping all over people, you may just learn something.  

You will find the Forum "Ignore" function very handy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Funny reading these globalist one-worlders wet their pants at a possible Trump re-election. Hyperbole much?

‘Globalists’ another pre-canned jibe.

Where, I ask you does Trump invest and more importantly from where does he receive loans and donations?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Globalists’ another pre-canned jibe.

Where, I ask you does Trump invest and more importantly from where does he receive loans and donations?

You don't think The Economist supports globalization...then you know nothing about the publication (and likely have never read it).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

More to the point for the majority it is odd to read right of centre slogans such as 'globalist one-worlders' - hopefully in the not to far distance you guys will be where you belong; in the dustbin of history.

Funny it's actually the left that's been historically against globalization (ask any union member in the US or UK how they feel about it). Of course the cosmopolitan elites who control the Democrat and Labour parties support it but they've never done a real days work in their lives (except shuffling papers around a desk).

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Funny it's actually the left that's been historically against globalization (ask any union member in the US or UK how they feel about it). Of course the cosmopolitan elites who control the Democrat and Labour parties support it but they've never done a real days labour in their life (except shuffling papers around a desk).

You mean as opposed to the right who's white collar backers are regularly rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty??

I mean, how much more disconnected from reality is it possible to get?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I'm not a 'leftist', have worked for MNCs and understand the benefits of globalisation of supply chains. From my observation many do not comprehend, including unions whose members would have disappeared to the dole if globalisation have not been introduced to address a highly aggressive and competitive marketplace; a subject trump should have educated himself before entering destructive trade wars with PRC and others.

Ask those Chinese Foxconn iPhone workers (quickly before they jump out a factory window) and those Bangladeshi garment workers (quickly too before they burn up) how they all feel about "globalization of supply chains" too.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Some ‘Biden Republicans’ just keep talking about a new political party

"If Joe Biden wins the presidency next week, it will be with a coalition that spans figures from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez all the way to Carly Fiorina, the former Republican candidate for president and CEO of Hewlett-Packard.

Biden’s left flank has already made plenty of noise about how they’d seek to pull him leftward if he wins. His Republican supporters would be pulling in the opposite direction but – perhaps in an acknowledgement of the uphill climb they would face – the idea of a third party in 2021 keeps coming up."

IMO this would be of enormous benefit to the US. The current 2 party system is a mess and clearly dangerous as seen by the election of a complete moron and serial liar. A 3 party system would IMO make it much more unlikely that a minority of the population would be able to force upon the country someone like trump.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The only similarity between Biden and Trump is they are both candidates in this election.

The constant equating of Biden to Trump is nonsense, they are diametrically opposite.

Trumps lies, hate mongering, violence baiting and cruelty v Biden’s decency.

That’s the choice on the ballot.

You seem to have missed my point.

People are passionate about one candidate or the other, in this case, because of two reasons.

The first is, they hate the other candidate. Can you imagine dating, picking between two women, and your choice is only based on how bad the one you didn't like was? Would probably not turn out well. 

Second, people just need hope. Even when deep down they know the truth, it does not matter, they will just ignore all of that and passionately support a candidate they have no admiration for. 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Some ‘Biden Republicans’ just keep talking about a new political party

"If Joe Biden wins the presidency next week, it will be with a coalition that spans figures from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez all the way to Carly Fiorina, the former Republican candidate for president and CEO of Hewlett-Packard.

Biden’s left flank has already made plenty of noise about how they’d seek to pull him leftward if he wins. His Republican supporters would be pulling in the opposite direction but – perhaps in an acknowledgement of the uphill climb they would face – the idea of a third party in 2021 keeps coming up."

IMO this would be of enormous benefit to the US. The current 2 party system is a mess and clearly dangerous as seen by the election of a complete moron and serial liar. A 3 party system would IMO make it much more unlikely that a minority of the population would be able to force upon the country someone like trump.

Agree, one leftist party with aoc, one central with Biden, pelosi, fiorini and other centrist Republicans, one right wing 'teaparty/ q anon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sucit said:

You seem to have missed my point.

People are passionate about one candidate or the other, in this case, because of two reasons.

The first is, they hate the other candidate. Can you imagine dating, picking between two women, and your choice is only based on how bad the one you didn't like was? Would probably not turn out well. 

Second, people just need hope. Even when deep down they know the truth, it does not matter, they will just ignore all of that and passionately support a candidate they have no admiration for. 

Don't agree. People hate Trump, but they don't hate Biden. That hate is just projection, it is the liberals they hate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1