Staggering early vote turnout boosts hopes for Biden in Texas

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Stock market is adjusting for a Biden win, 

That wouldn't surprise me. After all, Biden has promised to raise back taxes on corporate dividends. Naturally that would affect the value of stocks. Now, if you think the stock market and the economy are the same thing then this is bad. For those of use who know they're not, it's' actually good news.

Of course, there is also the resurgence of covid-19 to consider.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A stiff breeze  would boost his hope as much. 😉   Biden is done stick a fork in him it will come out clean.  The Dems for better or worse have once again shot themselves in their own foot by

Texans can look proudly at the big beautiful wall between their state and Mexico. I still remember the day with pride when the Mexican president signed the cheque to pay for it. Trumps healthcare

Good we are a better country and deserve a better president than trump 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Just saying so makes it true?

No, the people responding to being asked which way they've voted makes it true.

a poll from Oct. 13-20 with the University of Houston that showed Biden leading among those who had already voted by a 59% to 39% margin.

I watched a program a couple days ago which showed the map of the results from early 'registered' voting. It showed J. Biden very clearly in the lead by a big margin. I am not American so I don't know how this works but the narrator said there was no way of knowing what the 'unregistered vote' will turn out to be. Another point made was that Republican voters favour waiting for the stations to open since they don't trust voting by mail. Another point also made was that both Democrats and Republicans have 'middle of the road' voters that prefer to wait to last moment because of any issues they may arise which might sway their vote. So it would seem that forecasts at this point are premature.

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I watched a program a couple days ago which showed the map of the results from early 'registered' voting. It showed J. Biden very clearly in the lead by a big margin. I am not American so I don't know how this works but the narrator said there was no way of knowing what the 'unregistered vote' will turn out to be. Another point made was that Republican voters favour waiting for the stations to open since they don't trust voting by mail. Another point also made was that both Democrats and Republicans have 'middle of the road' voters that prefer to wait to last moment because of any issues they may arise which might sway their vote. So it would seem that forecasts at this point are premature.

No no no...see you got it all wrong mate....Just like last time, the polls should be trusted...those guys know how to ask questions and how to use calculators to add up. No worries, Biden has it in the bag. I FULLY trust mainstream media to give me the REAL NEWS!

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

A democrat POTUS usually makes the market jittery.

You sure?

"Barrack Obama’s win on November 8, 2008 sent the Dow higher by more than 3%, and his second re-election on November 6, 2012 also saw the Dow rally 1%. Donald Trump’s win over Hilary Clinton on November 8, 2016, despite considered to be an upset (and a result that should’ve sent stocks lower), also witnessed the Dow rally 0.4% (figure E)."

https://www.icmarkets.com/blog/us-elections-stock-market-performance/

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, candide said:

You sure?

"Barrack Obama’s win on November 8, 2008 sent the Dow higher by more than 3%, and his second re-election on November 6, 2012 also saw the Dow rally 1%. Donald Trump’s win over Hilary Clinton on November 8, 2016, despite considered to be an upset (and a result that should’ve sent stocks lower), also witnessed the Dow rally 0.4% (figure E)."

https://www.icmarkets.com/blog/us-elections-stock-market-performance/

I'm waiting for market to tank pre Biden so I can get back in. I wouldn't brag about a 1% rally.

• Haha 1

Biden will probably win. Then it'll be four years or until he kicks the bucket before the next try - with some hope for somebody who's not an old dinosaur.

• Confused 1

Like it 

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Biden will probably win. Then it'll be four years or until he kicks the bucket before the next try - with some hope for somebody who's not an old dinosaur.

I've never understood this beauty contest business. I guess in the case of Trump it kind of makes sense since he really doesn't have a coherent program. But Biden actually has a set of concrete proposals. If the Democrats gain the House and Senate, most likely they'll get enacted. Try focussing more on the program, less on the person.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Why would a supposed early voter preference "boost" any candidate's hope...it just means your supporters are voting earlier than your opponent's...not that you'll end up with more votes in the end.

Please. Except that in this case a much higher percentage of  young people are voting. So the base has expanded.   Just as they participated in record percentages during the 2018 midterms.  And the consequent 9% gap between Democrats and Republicans in total votes cast. 

• Like 1