Vehicles and houses engulfed in flames after gas tanker and truck/trailer collide

webfact

When will Thais learn in a fckn school in classes in many hours of lessons how to drive? The whole country needs to be educated in real driving schools. Not just show a grabage video of accidents. How incompetent are those in charge? Nothing will improve until rules are not tought in schools with real examination and massive enforcement by not corrupt police. Shame in you Thailand for so many failures. A fifth world country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

Yep - the humans that allow this sort of thing to happen, ie. The general population that votes for governments that don't prioritise road safely. 

Is there a government or anyone in Thailand capable of effecting the sweeping change required to improve road safety? 

It requires a fundamental shift in attitudes from the top down in all levels of government right through to policing and down to the noodle seller in the street - it requires a complete cultural shift. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Black arab said:

Running fuel fires are extremely difficult to extinguish, foam or dry powder are required.

Added to the fuel will be plenty of old engine oil and old cooking oil which normally goes into the drains aka sewers. Still there is an up side, the rats and cockroach numbers will have been reduced

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is there a government or anyone in Thailand capable of effecting the sweeping change required to improve road safety? 

It requires a fundamental shift in attitudes from the top down in all levels of government right through to policing and down to the noodle seller in the street - it requires a complete cultural shift. 

Exactly. Don't blame the lorry driver or the company he works for or the police etc. etc. Blame every Thai that thinks this is not their problem, which is almost all of them. If the people don't care, why should those in power care? Pity Buddha didn't have some wise words about safety. A few Baht spent on road safety would be far more "lucky" than spending them on yet another temple but not as profitable for the monks.

No police  enforcement  roads  rules  ...Police are  paid  a pittance  have no motivation ...I see some try  but as a whole ... no interest 

No driver education

Unroadworthy  vehicles

Over crowded  roads...  Many   drivers  not  even  have a driver licence

My wife  family have  10  drivers  with vehicles....  3  no registered  and  5  no licences .... seems  the  norm  in her  area  

Can only  assume  Thailand as a whole is similar?

Answer?

Is  none .... will never  change  only get worse  ..that is Thailand    

Road  carnage  is  greast  for Tourism  if it ever  starts up again  (apart from China  who do not care  about road  deaths to Thai,s)

Good  Luck Thailand 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:35 PM, worgeordie said:

Bonfire night not till 5Th November ....I remember when that

truck carrying a big gas tank that was tied down with rope,

fell off in Bangkok the whole street was ablaze ,many cars

written off and many dead, hope that's not the case here

regards worgeordie

I remember that one well from 30 years ago.  I had driven through that area about an hour before everything was set on fire.  Terrible accident.