Buying a 5TB hard drive abroad, and having it posted to Thailand, what customs duty will I have to pay?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lazada isn't good enough? 3,350bht .........  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wd-my-passport-5tb-red-usb-30-hdd-25-wdbpkj0050brd-wesn-internal-harddisk-harddrive-i627326845-s1198182447.htm

Seagate and Western Digital hard drives are made in Thailand   you can buy them from a shop like JIB on Lazada cash on delivery, no fakes arrives in a couple of days  no worries about  customs or gett

Like as mentioned above, Lazada has all kinds of HD. For these sorts of things it often costs more to buy them abroad when you add up shipping plus duty plus tax. The courier often will add some fees

Yes 5 Tb (oops)!
Too many fake products. I've got files I want to keep for a long time, I don't want to risk a drive failing after a few months. Once bitten, twice shy!

Edited by MrMuddle
additional information
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Yes 5 Tb (oops)!
Too many fake products. I've got files I want to keep for a long time, I don't want to risk a drive failing after a few months. Once bitten, twice shy!

Fulfilled by Lazada .................. can't go wrong.

• Like 2

I swear by Lazada. A vendor tried to rip me off for a motherboard and Lazada handled it. Slowly, to be sure, but once we ascertained the vendor was trying to do me dirt, I got my refund.

Edited by J Town
speling [sic]
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Yes 5 Tb (oops)!

Sure if one buys from some sidewalk stall. I bought mine from good stores in big malls and never had a problem. Still using them.

I do backup on multiple drives though as anything can fail. I have quite a collection of useless computers.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, johng said:

Seagate and Western Digital hard drives are made in Thailand   you can buy them from a shop like JIB on Lazada cash on delivery, no fakes arrives in a couple of days  no worries about  customs or getting lost for months in the international mail system.

Why buy on line when one can just got to the mall and buy the same thing from the big tech store? Memory fails, but think it's ProBuy or something.

47 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Yes 5 Tb (oops)!

I too have files I want to keep and use, mostly music. But 5TB! That's a lot of media. 

• Like 1
  • Crossy changed the title to Buying a 5TB hard drive abroad, and having it posted to Thailand, what customs duty will I have to pay?