Democrats raise concerns about U.S. Postal delays ahead of election

webfact

31 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

For a "mail-in election," why are any polling places necessary? And isn't the conventional wisdom that Republicans favor voting in person so I should think you would be happy with this single [inconvenient] polling place.

And again deflecting.

I guess, well not really a guess, that you really mean 'we, Republicans, are making it as difficult as possible to vote. Especially in the Democratic areas.

Double whammy in favor of us.'

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Unlike you, Stevenl wants voting to equally accessible to all voters regardless of their political affiliation. Unlike, he doesn't believe that access to the ballot box should be manipulated to wage political warfare on brhslf of one party or another.

????????????????

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And again deflecting.

I guess, well not really a guess, that you really mean 'we, Republicans, are making it as difficult as possible to vote. Especially in the Democratic areas.

Double whammy in favor of us.'

I think they're embracing Nancy Pelosi's call to limit in-person voting to limit the possibility of dying during this deadly pandemic.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

One polling station for 4.7 mio people in an area of 1700 square miles is not exactly easy.

Any reasonable explanation why only 1 station for that many people in that big an area?

AFAIK, it's not polling places that are at issue in this in Texas, it's drop-off locations for mail-in absentee ballots -- in other words, if you want to bring it somewhere instead of dropping in the mail and exposing it to all the failings of the USPS this year.

Unfortunately, the CNN report doesn't even address the issue of whether absentee voters can drop off those same absentee ballots at regular polling locations, of which there I assume are many per county.

While the issue made its way through the courts, Harris County -- which had reduced its 12 drop-off locations to one -- and Travis County -- which reduced its four drop-off locations to one -- continued to operate with one site per county throughout the month.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, Neeranam said:

Don't trust the post! 

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

• Thanks 1

Already foaming the runway for a Biden loss.

‘People Are Going To Be Shocked’: Return of the ‘Shy’ Trump Voter?

In 2016, pollsters Arie Kapteyn and Robert Cahaly saw Trump coming. In 2020, they see polls again underestimating his support.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/29/2020-polls-trump-biden-prediction-accurate-2016-433619