Pick-up hoodlum threatens taxi driver with a knife: "Don't mess with ME!" he screams

webfact

Pick-up hoodlum threatens taxi driver with a knife: "Don't mess with ME!" he screams

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A taxi driver spoke to the media after a clip was widely viewed on social media in which a pick-up driver emerged from his vehicle and threatened the cabby with a Sparta knife.

When the cabby refused to open his door he aimed several kicks at it before fleeing the scene.

The incident happened in Soi Wat Jan Thong-iam in Bang Bua Thong, Nonthaburi north west of Bangkok.

Daily News caught up with Sunthorn, 51, at the center of the drama. 

news_IZHfmQlcvm233132_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He said he had made a U-turn but the pick-up came racing alongside to overtake. He was then chased before the driver got out and he again raced off before being caught up with again when the filmed incident occurred. 

He said that the guy in the pick-up had braked dangerously nearly causing two collisions. 

Outside his locked doors he was shouting: "Don't mess with me" before driving off.

Sunthorn has reported the matter to the police. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-29

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had made a U-turn but the pick-up came racing alongside to overtake

Hmmm.....  the taxi driver was completely innocent and the pick up driver became angry for no reason?

More like the Taxi driver made a U-Turn without looking and nearly caused an accident as the (probably) speeding pickup approached  - i.e. careless driving by the taxi driver... 

- This of course is a completely guess, but why would the Pick up Driver get so angry?

-------

I made a mistake on the road the other day: 2nd lane of the 3 lane highway way, approaching a slower vehicle, checked the mirror, clear (a pickup was approaching but a long way back, i.e. 100m or so), I indicated and pulled out to go around the car in front of me. This is when the radar-cruise control figured I was too close to the car in front (about 15m) with my approach speed - the computer slammed on the brakes calculating that I was about to go into the back of the car in front (not recognising I was changing lanes) - I went from 120kmh to about 80km in an instant.

The pickup approaching me from behind obviously thought I just pulled out halfway to the outside lane and slammed on my brakes. There was just enough room for the pickup to go around, but it was close. 

The incident nearly caused a very dangerous accident - 100% my fault (I shouldn’t have the Radar Cruise control on while over taking). 

The pickup, clearly very angry at me continued in front of me, then slammed on his brakes, then swerved left lane to middle lane to right hand lane, accelerated hard, lots of Black smoke, then slammed on his brakes again and swerved across all lane... He was very upset !!! - I figured he might actually stop on the highway and try and attack me. 

These pick up drivers are very fragile !!!! but it takes something to ’trigger them’.... 

• Haha 2

if this was the one on the news tonight? the taxi was in the middle lane and as the pickup got close the taxi accelerated and matched the trucks speed as it tried to overtake every time the truck tried to get past the taxi put his foot down , and  only  one person at fault until they stopped.

but it was obvious who caused the problem.

• Thanks 1

What is a Sparta knife? Like, what distinguishes it from your everyday run of the mill knife. From the photo he has some kind of oblong shaped thing in his hand; certainly not a knife; is it some sort of razor knife, like those credit card things you can buy on the market? Sorry to show my ignorance, not really up on these things.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had made a U-turn but the pick-up came racing alongside to overtake. He was then chased before the driver got out and he again raced off before being caught up with again when the filmed incident occurred. 

Two drivers acting badly.. nothing new here

• Like 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Hmmm.....  the taxi driver was completely innocent and the pick up driver became angry for no reason?

More like the Taxi driver made a U-Turn without looking and nearly caused an accident as the (probably) speeding pickup approached  - i.e. careless driving by the taxi driver... 

- This of course is a completely guess, but why would the Pick up Driver get so angry?

-------

I made a mistake on the road the other day: 2nd lane of the 3 lane highway way, approaching a slower vehicle, checked the mirror, clear (a pickup was approaching but a long way back, i.e. 100m or so), I indicated and pulled out to go around the car in front of me. This is when the radar-cruise control figured I was too close to the car in front (about 15m) with my approach speed - the computer slammed on the brakes calculating that I was about to go into the back of the car in front (not recognising I was changing lanes) - I went from 120kmh to about 80km in an instant.

The pickup approaching me from behind obviously thought I just pulled out halfway to the outside lane and slammed on my brakes. There was just enough room for the pickup to go around, but it was close. 

The incident nearly caused a very dangerous accident - 100% my fault (I shouldn’t have the Radar Cruise control on while over taking). 

The pickup, clearly very angry at me continued in front of me, then slammed on his brakes, then swerved left lane to middle lane to right hand lane, accelerated hard, lots of Black smoke, then slammed on his brakes again and swerved across all lane... He was very upset !!! - I figured he might actually stop on the highway and try and attack me. 

These pick up drivers are very fragile !!!! but it takes something to ’trigger them’.... 

Please, buy a Bicycle and do not endanger other road users. The street is not a children's playground????