"Neo-Pattaya": Mayor announces 80 billion baht investment to make city more liveable

webfact

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

In case anyone is bad at math 80 billion baht is  Almost 3 BILLION DOLLARS....

Where? Where? Where? is this kind of money coming from??? Hell even American cities can only dream of having this kind of budget...

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"Neo-Pattaya": Mayor announces 80 billion baht investment to make city more liveable

5pm1.jpg

Pattaya's strongarm mayor has announced his plans for the next couple of years to turn Pattaya into Neo-Pattaya.

This will turn Pattaya into a megapolis that is both a great place for tourism and for residents.

Sontaya Khunpluem has 80 billion baht in funds and potential investment to make his vision for the city - at present largely deserted due to the pandemic - into a reality come 2022.

INN reported 7 major projects and costs:

1. Work with civil engineers on 110 kms of drains to ease flooding by up to 80%. Cost: 17.8 billion baht.

2. Trip capacity to cope with sewage. Cost 750 million baht.

3. Monorail to meet the high speed train, three tram lines with 34 kilometers of routes. Cost: 50 billion (raised through PPP investment)

4. Infrastructure improvements for IT. Cost 500 million baht.

5. Na Klua market improvements to be completed by 2022. Cost 600 million.

6. Bali Hai/ Walking Street plans (as announced by Manager yesterday). Cost 4 billion baht.

7. "Neo-Koh Larn" project. Cost 250 million baht. 

Meanwhile, mayor Sontaya also said that tourists from Russia and China will help Pattaya’s post COVID-19 recovery.

The resort will entice tourists from locations such as Moscow, St Petersburg, Shanghai and Guangzhou - areas with low numbers of COVID-19 infections - while tourists from India would not be considered at the present moment due to the high number of infections. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-29

. Infrastructure improvements for IT. Cost 500 million baht.

There's the one with the brown envelopes,where people cant see anything,yet only 250Million for  Ko Larn Project,where the investment will stick out like Dogs B***s.

6 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Sigh.

3. Monorail to meet the high speed train, three tram lines with 34 kilometers of routes. Cost: 50 billion (raised through PPP investment). 

The company that wins the bid to build the rain/tram lines would no doubt recoup their costs via a long term lease with the city to maintain/operate those lines and collect all the revenue from them.

The other 30 billion in projects would no doubt be split between the 3 levels of government and spread out over a couple years. It's not like Pattaya is suddenly going to spend 80 billion in a single year's budget.

This is probably all part of the belt and road development and Thailand will fall victim to the debt/trap diplomacy in which the Chinese excel. Expect all those Chinese contractors to arrive in the next few years

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

3. Monorail to meet the high speed train, three tram lines with 34 kilometers of routes. Cost: 50 billion (raised through PPP investment)

In Denmark they build a 110 km long tram line including stations , control centera and trains for around 20 billions...baht.. and that with expensive danish manpower, so wonder if the trains and stations are covered in gold!!

Edited by Hamselv2
to precise that it is Baht, so more comparative.
  • Like 1

I think several Million BAHT -- to build lodging for the homeless, jobless, moneyless & foodless ( hungry people ) should be a higher priority . Central Pattaya beach reclamation was a success -

but the drainage work was a total FAILURE .....

just look at the " washout " at the beach during the last rainstorm .....

Please look out & take care the POOR JOBLESS PEOPLE .

10 hours ago, harada said:

Only 80 billion to bulldoze it and start again, cheap. :biggrin:

9 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Well, I am not sure how much work will get done, but I am pretty sure if there is 80 Billion floating around, the Mayor and friends will find a way to misappropriate spend the lot.

What’s he waiting for then lil lil , xmas is coming too

6 hours ago, mrmrmred said:

Is the monorail still planned to run next to the beach.... thereby destroying the view from every single hotel or travelling down 2nd road is it? Looks like a cheap build, and all the brown envelopes... might be an interesting outcome.... 

I hope not... a loop second road, north road, sukhumvit, south road...with a spur to rail station, would make a lot of sense imo...and make the sois where there are stops into promenades leading to the beach would be way more sensible to me, and yes keep the seaside road from being overwhelmed by a BTS type structure hanging over it

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Me too!  I'm building a space dock for my ship the USS Enterprise. :clap2:

14 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Well, I am not sure how much work will get done, but I am pretty sure if there is 80 Billion floating around, the Mayor and friends will find a way to misappropriate spend the lot.

Sounds like the STV investment flights are making big plans. 

13 hours ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

There is nothing anyone can say to ever get positive feedback on here. Your lives must be utterly miserable. Many of you with thousands of posts saying the same thing day after day.  Leave if you don't like it.... Some of you must have been here for 7 years writing 2 negative posts a day to "amuse" yourselves. 

Positive?

My favored soi6 not mentioned which fits me perfect and Terminal 21 still brand new.

Why even bother with more projects when the existing ones are not finished or badly maintained. Not a single working pedestrian crossing light system. How many millions did that project cost only to be left to rot. Cc TV project is disarray. 40 years of beach road beautification and it's still not finished. 

Prove that a project can be done, then maintained properly before wasting more public money that would more likely be only a brown envelope shuffling exercise rather than any true benifit to the city.

• Like 1

Russia   no  virus ?

What   paper he reading ?  disney  comics ...         (  just dribble to justify  his  wages  and job I think )

As for  China  virus or not  they will come  

However  this low  gov  official  same as high ranking  Gov officials  is still  looking at a pie in the sky  that will not happen for a long time 

A  vacine will come ...  but if in time  to save Thailand tourism  ....who knows

80 million  MMMM   has to  be  taking  lessons from North Korea for  added  income  ...Drug money  maybe  ????????????

Good Luck Thailand 

In another news source he compares Pattaya with Miami, Singapore and Dubai ????????????,

i can just imagine this clown driving round town in sign written, three wheeled yellow van, 'this time next year Rodney' :cheesy:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tich said:

In another news source he compares Pattaya with Miami, Singapore and Dubai ????????????,

i can just imagine this clown driving round town in sign written, three wheeled yellow van, 'this time next year Rodney' :cheesy:

What a Plonker. :cheesy:

948954762_download(20).jpg.e67f12052098969ac57d7d5078bde08c.jpg