500000THB balance before getting Visa?? Really??

On 10/30/2020 at 1:58 AM, Maestro said:

Do I understand correctly that something or somebody gave you the impression that you were married but that in fact you are not legally married?

Not correctly no . But without the paperwork from the Amphoe in the eyes of Thailand we are not ? Anyway we were also going to have a marriage ceremony in Australia...Covid has delayed that.The cook is ill so i need to get home to sort out a Hospital visit for her !

1 hour ago, Farangstyle said:

Yep. That's correct mate. That's my situation. The cook is ill so i need to pop home and sort out a hospital visit for her. Been told that the Non Immigrant O-A visa does not require 500000thb in bank.Just need to prove my income as i will be flying back to work in March after 90 days in Korat. That Visa info sound correct ?

When you are not legally married to a Thai national (being able to show the foreign or Thai marriage certificate) currently your only option to return to Thailand would be applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa at your home-country's Thai Embassy.  You need to be +50 years to be eligible, and would need to show the equivalent of 800.000 THB on a foreign or Thai bank-account (no seasoning required), and there are some other requirements of a more administrative kind (like police clearance).

Be aware that you would also need IO-approved health-insurance meeting the IO-requirements when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa.

And that for the CoE which is now required for anyone wanting to enter Thailand you would also need health-insurance that would cover medical treatment in Thailand INCLUDING covid-19 treatment.

Understand all the health and insurance requirements for that O-A Visa. Just looked at the Thai consulate website again that mentions them requiring a copy of a payslip or paperwork showing i earn over a certain amount per year.

SO im guessing i go through the COE process and cross the fingers !

24 minutes ago, Farangstyle said:

Understand all the health and insurance requirements for that O-A Visa. Just looked at the Thai consulate website again that mentions them requiring a copy of a payslip or paperwork showing i earn over a certain amount per year.

SO im guessing i go through the COE process and cross the fingers !

There are several options  (note the 'OR' at the end of each option) for meeting the financial requirements for a Non Imm O-A Visa, just comply with the one that is easiest for you to meet

This is what the Canberra Thai Embassy states:

Copy of updated bank statement providing of adequate finances:

• a deposit account of at least THB 800,000 (approximately AUD 32,000), or

• an income statement with a monthly salary of THB 65,000 (approximately AUD 2,600), or

• a deposit account plus monthly income of no less than THB 800,000 (approximately AUD 32,000 AUD) a year

On 10/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, ubonjoe said:

It does say on the embassy websites that are issuing them.

I think your question would have to be answered by them.

This is what it states on the embassy in Singapore website.

"An original bank statement which states bank contact information and deposit with the equivalent amount of not less than 500,000 Baht for the last 6 months."

I don't know if the rules have changed since covid, but in the past a credit limit on my VISA card (minus the balance owing) was always accepted as "money in the bank" when applying for a visa in my home country. It might be worth asking them if that is an acceptable form of proof, assuming you have a credit limit for at least 500000 baht equivalent.