Returning to home province. Check in still required?

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not longer a requirement to do TM30 reports after a trip within the country since June 30th when a new immigration regulation went into effect.

I have not seen any reports of Phuket immigration wanting one recently.

Bangkok (Chaegnwattana) still requires. Seen people commented on twitter.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not longer a requirement to do TM30 reports after a trip within the country since June 30th when a new immigration regulation went into effect.

UJ is fully correct as always.

As long as you stay on the same Visa (or extensions of it) in which you entered Thailand, and you did not relocate, your current TM-30 of the place where you are staying will stay valid with no need to 'update' it, irrespective of any domestic or even international trips you make. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not seen any reports of Phuket immigration wanting one recently.

My IO has never taken TM30 seriously but some hotels still do, I was in BKK last night and the hotel receptionist gave my passport the third degree and entered details into a computer, even checking the expiry date of my visa extension. I told her immigration no longer requires this, she shrugged and said, "better to be safe"

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

My IO has never taken TM30 seriously but some hotels still do, I was in BKK last night and the hotel receptionist gave my passport the third degree and entered details into a computer, even checking the expiry date of my visa extension. I told her immigration no longer requires this, she shrugged and said, "better to be safe"

That's only part of the story...

At many IOs it is indeed not required anymore for certain services to show that a TM-30 has been filed of you - a foreigner - staying at a premisse in the IO province (and since 30 June it needs to be done only ONCE from the 'official residence' for Immigration purposes where you are staying).

But it is STILL required by Thai law that the 'owner' of the place where you are staying notifies the local IO within 24 hours that a foreigner is staying there.  So when making a trip in country, hotels and guesthouses where a foreigner checks in, are required to file a TM-30 of you staying there.  And if they do not do so, they can be fined by IO, so the receptionist is absolutely correct in stating 'better to be safe'.  Sure, it wouldn't affect YOU if they did not do it, but they would be not compliant with the law when skipping it and can be fined for that.     

• Like 2