UK Embassy Covid letter

I am aware that there is a section on the new 60 day amnesty form that says Unable to get a Embassy Letter however when I last visited Immigration I was told that a letter is required

Emailed the UK Embassy last week but no letter as of yet

Not a major hassles as I won't be going to Immigration until next month but I was wondering if anyone here has already received a Covid extension letter from the UK Embassy issued after the 26th September?

The UK embassy website states they are no longer doing them.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications-after-26th-september

The new 60 day extensions (not amnesty) do not require them. All that is needed is a completed and signed affidavit.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The UK embassy website states they are no longer doing them.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications-after-26th-september

The new 60 day extensions (not amnesty) do not require them. All that is needed is a completed and signed affidavit.

Thanks Joe but I was told by Immigration one was needed - let's see what happens when I apply

6 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Thanks Joe but I was told by Immigration one was needed - let's see what happens when I apply

The reason the embassy letter was required for the 30 day extension due them them being done a under a clause of the immigration order that allowed them at the request of a embassy.

The 60 day extension is a new special one.