In Vietnam want to go to Thailand

Dear all

I am Australian ,66 years old and still working in Vietnam, however my time has come to go back home to my wife (20 Years) and Son.

I have been stuck here for 10 months since Tet last year

I heard I should be able to get a visa based on the above (marriage and child), I have the supporting documents.

I am told for a flight I can use Jet Star to Singapore and then Singapore Airlines to Bangkok - comments on this please?

I can get a Covid test done in Vietnam and then need quarantine in Thailand for 14 days?

What other requirements do I need meet,

Any help appreciated?

21 hours ago, GregBow said:

I am told for a flight I can use Jet Star to Singapore and then Singapore Airlines to Bangkok - comments on this please?

I can get a Covid test done in Vietnam and then need quarantine in Thailand for 14 days?

You may want to double check whether you are able to use airlines from differing companies to transit in Singapore at this time.

Last I checked, it had to be airlines under the Singapore Airlines group of companies and the ticket for both legs need to be under a single ticket.

665387697_Screenshot2020-10-30at2_08_04PM.png.91dbf08a572e9b4753a1652b9fba1fd9.png

Yep

Just went to embassy consulate and they were lovely but they did not really know that transit issue.

Went to Singapore Airlines and they are not yet flying out of here but confirmed Changi transit is only with SIA group flights.

Frustrating but it is what it is!

Thank you

On 10/29/2020 at 3:24 PM, GregBow said:

Dear all

I am Australian ,66 years old and still working in Vietnam, however my time has come to go back home to my wife (20 Years) and Son.

I have been stuck here for 10 months since Tet last year

I heard I should be able to get a visa based on the above (marriage and child), I have the supporting documents.

What other requirements do I need meet,

Any help appreciated?

Did you check with Vietjet?

I am asking that because for me I just arrived in Vietnam (Saigon) directly from Bangkok with Vietjet. So I guess there are doing the 2 ways.