Three dead as woman beheaded in knife attack at French church

webfact

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

the assailant is a 21-year-old Tunisian Brahim Aoussaoui. Non-asylum seeker in France, he arrived in Lampedusa at the end of September where he had been quarantined by the Italian authorities before being subject to an obligation to leave Italian territory and left free...  and arrived on French territory at the beginning of October.

Lets see what the 'Far Right'ers make of that.

4 minutes ago, morrobay said:

So what are objectives of the Grey Wolves in France.

They are Turks, living in France (supporters of Erdogan) and  they go after the Armenian diaspora in France, in punitive expeditions

1 hour ago, Opl said:

"Malaysia's former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad said Thursday that Muslims had a right "to kill millions of French people", shortly after a knife-wielding man launched a deadly attack in Nice."

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20201029-malaysian-ex-pm-mahathir-says-muslims-have-right-to-kill-french

Guess not the right time to go to any Muslim country and say, hello I'm Jean Claude

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

Guess not the right time to go to any Muslim country and say, hello I'm Jean Claude

And the right time for Muslims to make a better choice than France for a better life.. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

this is "civilization."   Tell me time in our history where there wasn't a place where people were brutally murdered.  for all we know, N. Korea, Africa, China, Siberia, etc......has much worse stuff going on this very second.  OK, you can include America, Mexico, S. America, Central America, etc.....where is it really safe?

with 8 billion people or whatever and increasing, this stuff isn't going away anytime soon.  it's crazy, that's for sure, but relatively it might not be.  but it might start to get much crazier.....

Edited by Ventenio

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

this is "civilization."   Tell me time in our history where there wasn't a place where people were brutally murdered.  for all we know, N. Korea, Africa, China, Siberia, etc......has much worse stuff going on this very second.  

with 8 billion people or whatever and increasing, this stuff isn't going away anytime soon.  it's crazy, that's for sure, but relatively it might not be.  but it might start to get much crazier.....

I remember a time, not so long ago, when I thought about France what came to my mind was baguettes, cheese, wine and the Eiffel Tower and not beheadings. 

Edited by greenhornfarang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

In very bad situations like this, all should be mindful to keep their comments within the scope of the forum's rules, including:

If that's the case, why did TF even post this story. Without it being said, everyone knows which group of people were involved in this. It happened in a church, so there will it will be condemned in the " strongest " terms, if this had happened in a mosque, all we would be hearing is jihad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenhornfarang said:

I remember a time when I thought about France what came to mind was baguettes, cheese, wine and the Eiffel Tower and not beheadings. 

and i remember long wars with English and Germany invading...lots of bad stuff happened over the "hundred years" and WW1 and 2.  

but i'm a vampire and i'm pretty old.  

7 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

and i remember long wars with English and Germany invading...lots of bad stuff happened over the "hundred years" and WW1 and 2.  

but i'm a vampire and i'm pretty old.  

Completely forgot to check my farang privilege, what am I thinking its 2020 and the Eiffel Tower is racists and sign of French supremacy, everything is justified and we deserve this modern invasion of cultural enrichment.

Edited by greenhornfarang
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Opl said:

the assailant is a 21-year-old Tunisian Brahim Aoussaoui. Non-asylum seeker in France, he arrived in Lampedusa at the end of September where he had been quarantined by the Italian authorities before being subject to an obligation to leave Italian territory and left free...  and arrived on French territory at the beginning of October.

Fast worker then. Someone should hire him no?

44 minutes ago, Opl said:

They are Turks, living in France (supporters of Erdogan) and  they go after the Armenian diaspora in France, in punitive expeditions

So they're not about cutting the heads off little old Catholic ladies then.

Good news.

44 minutes ago, Opl said:

Actually they despise France and prefer Switzerland ( Geneva to introduce minimum wage of £3,500 a month.. ), Germany, Irland where they say people aren't as racist as we French are.. 

it's just that we know what it's like when 2500 mosques aren't enough  

Im not surprised:

https://stanford.edu/dept/france-stanford/Conferences/Islam/Khosrokhavar.pdf
"There is a deep feeling of stigmatization on the part of the “Arabs” in France. Due to the colonial past and the dramas of decolonization (particularly the Algerian case) and the situation in the Western world which has turned against Islam after the September the 11th , the “Arabs” consider themselves as being stigmatized as “non French” by the other Frenchmen."

4 hours ago, tgw said:

Agreed.

yet a number of things also have to change in France and in Europe.

also, the Muslims themselves should also help cleaning up their ranks of extremist nutters.

in Germany, not too long ago, extremists there setup "sharia patrols" to scold other Muslims in German streets if they saw women smoking cigarettes, or unaccompanied by a man.

according to media reports, hate speech has been going on for ages in certain mosques, why don't Muslims organize "sharia patrols" to spy on extremists and their networks and report them?

I guess this already has been going on behind the scenes, but doing it officially would send a message. it's time that Muslim religious leaders do more than just condemning these attacks, it's time for them to act against extremists. The big bosses should address their flock and ask every one of them to personally report to them any extremist activities.

then internationally, people like Erdogan are stirring the pot, it's time Erdogan gets put on a muzzle. Merkel and Macron need to talk with Putin, give him whatever assurances he needs and see that this has an end.

I agree, and whilst I cannot speak for France or Germany, here in the UK the ordinary Muslims have been taking their Mosques back from the extremists for over a decade. For example from 2005: The battle for the mosque.

But that didn't stop the Islamaphobes: Darren Osborne guilty of Finsbury Park mosque murder. That attack was in 2017; 12 years after the extremists had been kicked out and the new Imam had said to those gathered for Friday prayers the day after four Islamist bombs killed at least 49 people in London: "help identify the bombers. Show your anger at what happened." (Source)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, greenhornfarang said:

Im not surprised:

https://stanford.edu/dept/france-stanford/Conferences/Islam/Khosrokhavar.pdf
"There is a deep feeling of stigmatization on the part of the “Arabs” in France. Due to the colonial past and the dramas of decolonization (particularly the Algerian case) and the situation in the Western world which has turned against Islam after the September the 11th , the “Arabs” consider themselves as being stigmatized as “non French” by the other Frenchmen."

I'm not suprised: they don't stand by France - if you read what they say about those attacks, they have always the justification you presented - By the way, they say they are not Arabs but Amazighs.

50% of young North Africans want to migrate, and as they speak French it's just convenient ( France, Belgium, eventually Canada, Switzerland) - in addition to social welfare benefits.

France is not a choice by heart.

It's a double frustration they have to live in a country they dislike, because they have no easier choice. 

Edited by Opl

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

How many heads would have to get chopped off before you show any kind of resentment?

These are not lone wolf isolated incidents ,  as numerous people were involved in the teachers beheading 

What is it you don't understand about my calling the perpetrators vile murderers?

What is it you don't understand about my calling them terrorist scum?

There are approximately 5.5. million Muslims in France; do you really believe they were all involved in these attacks? Actually, I think you probably do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dimitriv said:
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

the vast majority of innocent Muslims who condemn such outrages as much as we

They don't.

Put "Muslims condemn Islamist terrorism." or "Muslims condemn Islamist murder" into Google. So doing will result in multitudinous results.

Just one example from them: Global Condemnations of ISIS/ISIL

More relevant to this topic: Muslims in France condemn teacher’s killing near Paris

The big question is not "Why don't Muslims condemn such acts?" because they do. The big question is why the Western press, whilst keen to report the idiocy of Erdogan and  Mahathir Mohamad, so rarely reports the mass condemnation of these atrocities coming from the majority of Muslims and their leaders; both religious and secular.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Opl said:
1 hour ago, morrobay said:

So what are objectives of the Grey Wolves in France.

So was the killer a Grey Wolf and the victims Armenian?

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The big question is not "Why don't Muslims condemn such acts?" because they do. The big question is why the Western press, whilst keen to report the idiocy of Erdogan and  Mahathir Mohamad, so rarely reports the mass condemnation of these atrocities coming from the majority of Muslims and their leaders; both religious and secular.

Because the Muslims who condemn the actions are a minority to those who call for more attacks?

You do know that Google and social media search results are modified, don't you?

If not try to read up on the congressional debates about section 230 currently going on in the US

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

and another attack in avignion. guy was shouting allah akba and shot dead by cops

Not a Muslim, not an Islamist attack; the opposite in fact: Man shot dead in Avignon after threatening public with weapon

A police official told The Independent the attacker said he was from the far-right Mouvance Identitaire..........

......French media reports had initially suggested he had shouted “Allahu akbar”, suggesting it was an Islamist attack.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Opl said:

One of the options discussed is he was sent from Tunisia purposedly to commit this attack. 

All these healthy young men you see on rubber boats, rescued by NGOs - he was one of them  

Now you know

Your source for this being?

I haven't even been able to find a report naming him. Links will be much appreciated.

37 minutes ago, katana said:
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Such 'retaliation' is exactly what these terrorist scum want as it acts as recruiters for them.

Not so sure about that. The koran does that well enough already.

Then why aren't millions of Muslims flooding to their cause?

Why do the vast majority of Muslim religious leaders condemn these terrorists and their atrocities?