Three dead as woman beheaded in knife attack at French church

webfact

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Mahathir said he does not agree with the killing of the teacher.

Nice try to deflect, why not post the whole quote?

No need to reply as I will not respond. and my ignore finger is itching already

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysias-mahathir-says-muslims-have-right-to-kill-french-twitter-deletes-post

Referring to the recent beheading of French teacher Samuel Paty in Paris, who showed pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, Mahathir said he did not approve of that attack but freedom of expression does not include "insulting other people".

"Irrespective of the religion professed, angry people kill," said the outspoken 95-year-old, who has in the past drawn controversy for remarks attacking Jews and the LGBT community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

Nice try to deflect, why not post the whole quote?

No need to reply as I will not respond. and my ignore finger is itching already

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysias-mahathir-says-muslims-have-right-to-kill-french-twitter-deletes-post

Referring to the recent beheading of French teacher Samuel Paty in Paris, who showed pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, Mahathir said he did not approve of that attack but freedom of expression does not include "insulting other people".

"Irrespective of the religion professed, angry people kill," said the outspoken 95-year-old, who has in the past drawn controversy for remarks attacking Jews and the LGBT community.

Correct, he does not think it appropriate what the teacher did but does not agree with his murder.

what part of that do you not understand.

Why on earth would i care if you ignore me. 

Edited by Sujo

1 hour ago, Opl said:

We just deported a Croatian Muslim family who shaved and violently mistreated their daughter for dating a Christian Serbian..

We can change our laws too for instance deprive families of repeated outlaws and suspected islamists from social welfare benefits, chain migration rights, whatever..

We could change our laws concerning citizenship, we could change any law they use at their advantage against us.

The gross stupidity is to bury our heads in the sand believing it's a small minority. 

An even grosser stupidity would be to consider France is an exception 

Kindly do not misrepresent my comment/s. 

As you well know, I was talking to the suggested forced deportation of Muslims living in France who have not committed an offence. There is no suggestion from me for the French government to 'bury it's head', concerning any form of abuse / terrorism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Again nothing to do with my post, just a rant. 

Do you support the suggested forced deportation, as an act of retribution, of Muslims who have not committed any offence contrary to French law? Yes / No...

I repeat I don't care

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Opl said:

I repeat I don't care

I believe your indifference to proposed cruelty by the French State against innocent Muslims is not the way forward for France, as I said before would be an act of gross stupidity. Totally opposite to the advice of professional counter terrorism experts POV. No point in further communication with you on this topic. .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ganesh108 said:

I firmly believe that the majority Muslims are not compatible with life in the West, and war-like scenarios in Europe are only a few years away. 

I'm in favour of strict separation of the Islamic world and all the rest of the world - peaceful coexistence is not possible in the long run. The West doesn't need them, there's nothing good that they bring. Absolutely nothing. 

Muslim terrorism only represent 1% of total French terrorism acts since 1789.

Majority of terrorism acts in France were perpetrated by separatist right wing groups. You don’t question their integration.

Attacks of this month were perpetrated by people residing (legally and/or illegally) not longer than 3 years on French soil. Your lack of integration claim is false.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thorgal said:

French police studies reported a sad trend of average 120 daily stabbings for the last 3 years.

The attacker from OP is for sure accountable for 3 of the average 120 daily stabbings.

From a criminology POV you will continue to result in the average of 120 stabbings per day in France with or without the negative influx of migration and radical Islamists.

You do no provide any links to support your statements. You do not provide a rationale limiting the scope of the analysis to the last 3 years. I don't know that there was a huge difference regarding 'influx of migration and radical Islamists' in these last 3 years - my guess is that thing may look a bit different if one extends the scope to earlier times.

3 hours ago, Opl said:

To the Muslim World France is already an international pariah,  so what ?.. 

Enough of being shy to defend our country in fear of hurting Muslims' feelings 

What, in your opinion, does 'the Muslim World' stand for? Governments? People? Religious leaders? I don't think that there's a full congruence between these with regard to such matters, or that such sentiments are permanent

Other than Erdogan calling his ambassador back, was there any Arab/Muslim country cutting ties with France?

3 hours ago, Opl said:

We just deported a Croatian Muslim family who shaved and violently mistreated their daughter for dating a Christian Serbian..

We can change our laws too for instance deprive families of repeated outlaws and suspected islamists from social welfare benefits, chain migration rights, whatever..

We could change our laws concerning citizenship, we could change any law they use at their advantage against us.

The gross stupidity is to bury our heads in the sand believing it's a small minority. 

An even grosser stupidity would be to consider France is an exception 

That's very different from wholesale deporting of innocent people based on their nationality/religion alone. Further, I would assume that there are treaties in place between France and Croatia regulating such issues. Without such agreements, such mass deportations would remain right-wingers' fantasy stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

No they dont. Mahathir is about a hundred years old and his comments have been roundly condemned. I live in malaysia and his comments have not been well received.

It was earlier claimed (by @7by7, I think) that comments by Muslim religious leaders, authors and activists represented the majority of Muslims - or something close enough to that, anyway. If that's an acceptable proposition, then how come it does not apply to political leaders?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Muslim terrorism only represent 1% of total French terrorism acts since 1789.

Majority of terrorism acts in France were perpetrated by separatist right wing groups. You don’t question their integration.

Attacks of this month were perpetrated by people residing (legally and/or illegally) not longer than 3 years on French soil. Your lack of integration claim is false.

Again making claims without bothering to back them up.

Was Muslim  terrorism even a thing in 1789? How about checking the figures on a more relevant time scale? Or for that matter, one which corresponds to immigration and demographic statistics?

And no, people will not question the integration of 'home grown' groups, not even 'terrorist' ones, because it's totally irrelevant to the issue.

Your own comment regarding recent attacks an integrations would be better supported by showing statistics indicating the longer immigrants remain in France, the less chances of them being involved in such incidents.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's very different from wholesale deporting of innocent people based on their nationality/religion alone. Further, I would assume that there are treaties in place between France and Croatia regulating such issues. Without such agreements, such mass deportations would remain right-wingers' fantasy stuff.

And so ? Just consider we are at war. 

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

And so ? Just consider we are at war. 

More nonsense.

At war with whom? And how does that apply to mass deportations?

Even if 'we' (you do not speak for 'we', but whatever) are at war, how do you suggest mass deportations to be carried out to the countries 'we are at war' with?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

How many more people have to die for the sake of Charlie Hebdo exercising their freedom of speech?! Is making fun of a religion really more important than the lives of your citizens, especially when you know perfectly well that your caricatures are not going to go down well and people have previously died for the same BS?! Just how selfish and egotistical can one be?! 

I won't try to comment on all the ways your post is foolish except to say that many lives have been lost in many countries for many years in support of freedom in all its forms. "A man who has nothing worth dying for has nothing worth living for." 

I don't know your homeland but it may be that your freedom to spout fatuous nonsense was preserved that way as well. 

Do you seriously think these attacks have anything at all to do with Charlie Hebdo? It's all about religious fanaticism served by repression and control.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Morch said:

More nonsense.

At war with whom? And how does that apply to mass deportations?

Even if 'we' (you do not speak for 'we', but whatever) are at war, how do you suggest mass deportations to be carried out to the countries 'we are at war' with?

non sense ?

We were the innocents living peacefully despite the multiple terror attacks making hundreds of dead and injured, killing and harassement against our Police, firefighters, the killing perpetrated inside Jewish schools, high school, church set on fire, stabbing and beheading of priests and believers, teacher, what else... ? 

Edited by Opl

45 minutes ago, Morch said:

Again making claims without bothering to back them up.

Was Muslim  terrorism even a thing in 1789? How about checking the figures on a more relevant time scale? Or for that matter, one which corresponds to immigration and demographic statistics?

And no, people will not question the integration of 'home grown' groups, not even 'terrorist' ones, because it's totally irrelevant to the issue.

Your own comment regarding recent attacks an integrations would be better supported by showing statistics indicating the longer immigrants remain in France, the less chances of them being involved in such incidents.

I agree with you but must add that Muslim terrorism has been a thing since Mohammed and his goat invented Islam. 

2 hours ago, Morch said:

It was earlier claimed (by @7by7, I think) that comments by Muslim religious leaders, authors and activists represented the majority of Muslims - or something close enough to that, anyway. If that's an acceptable proposition, then how come it does not apply to political leaders?

he is not a political leader, he holds no office and is not in a political party. and he said the teacher should not have been killed.

Edited by Sujo

The killing and beheading of these 3 persons inside Nice Notre-Dame Church  took place on the day of the Muslim feast of Aid Al  Mawlid, celebrating the birth of the prophet Mohammed

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Opl said:

non sense ?

We were the innocents living peacefully despite the multiple terror attacks making hundreds of dead and injured, killing and harassement against our Police, firefighters, the killing perpetrated inside Jewish schools, high school, church set on fire, stabbing and beheading of priests and believers, teacher, what else... ? 

Well emotive nonsense now. You have no argument, you do not address points made - just go on about some "we" that you pretend to speak for. I am not denying Muslim/Islamic/whatever terrorism. I do not think it should be ignored or appeased. But what you offered earlier is neither practical nor moral.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I agree with you but must add that Muslim terrorism has been a thing since Mohammed and his goat invented Islam. 

The Goat had nothing to do with it. That's how the term 'scapegoat' came about.

But seriously, even if you hold such a view, it's hardly relevant to my post or the comment I replied to. It's all very well for Muslims/Islamists/Whatever to live in the past, but I should like to think other parties deal with the here and now.

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

he is not a political leader, he holds no office and is not in a political party. and he said the teacher should not have been killed.

Splitting hairs. OK, a retired political leader. Do you think his words get significantly less coverage and traction compared with the likes cited in previous examples? And yes, he said one thing, then said another. I don't know that the first one takes precedence, or that the two even out or what's your point.