52% of Chiang Mai’s expats thinking of leaving - survey

jko

Just now, Traubert said:

Indonesia? The country that fills up the region with smoke every year for four months?

Indonesia has reverse seasons from Thailand. When it is the hot, burning season here it is the rains in Indo. Uh oh, worried about the rains now ... head to the eastern side of the worlds largest archipelago; Sulawesi, the Moluccas or Lesser Sunda islands.

No need to send money for this information. It's all free.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

head to the eastern side of the worlds largest archipelago; Sulawesi, the Moluccas or Lesser Sunda islands.

Is that in the World's Largest Muslim country?  I'm sure it's perfectly safe there.  Terrorists would never think of attacking any area that Farangs inhabit.

No need to send money for this information. It's all free ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Air pollution?

Who knew Chiang Mai had air pollution before they moved there?

Who are these geniuses? ????

Genius-meme.png

I feel lucky my President is a Stable Genius....he even says Covid will just go away----hence the "Genius"

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:08 PM, steven100 said:

" 52% of Chiang Mai’s expats thinking of leaving "

oh goody  !   clear out the miserable gits and make way for those who appreciate Thailand for what it is. 

You mean get rid of the expats who are spending a lot of money living here, depositing large sums in the bank for them to invest, in favour of backpackers trawling walking street, bangla road, full moon party that's all Thailand has to offer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

At a rough guess, zero %? Living in a nice house with a farang who provides a steady source of income beats the hell out of planting rice for a living. Not to mention said farang doesn't beat them or steal the money they earn for booze and gambling.

The Holy Grail most sought by thai ladies in the LOS...the now elusive Golden Grandpas......poor buffaloes..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/30/2020 at 4:01 AM, Natai Beach said:

Only the trees complain down here, because there isn’t enough carbon dioxide for them, the air being so clean. 

lol. Farmer burning aside, is that why the Amazon is so lush then because there is so much pollution to satiate the trees? Carbon dioxide is part of the mixture of air and is always there. Pretty sure good soil and water play a part in a tree's growth.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, orang37 said:

I wonder what % of Thai women married to farangs 20~30 years older think about leaving.

I wonder what % of everyone doesn't think about leaving fill-in-the-blank (multiple entries accepted).

100% of me is trying, and failing, not to wonder about leaving this body. The Orang mind-soul I cohabit with in this meat-suit says that's immaterial.

~o:37;

100% of me is thinking schizophrenia is a thing.

Only joking, Mr Orange :tongue:

But thinking numbers have left already, certainly from the late Naughties to now.

• Like 1