Thailand-China ink High Speed Rail deal

snoop1130

5 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Obvious your not very well educated. But well informed media investigation in Australia and the US post there findings online..The only thing they would find hiliarious is your reaction. As l said uneducated.

Well I dunno but my education did teach me the differences between "your" and "you're", "their" and "there".

Sorry, you did not point to any specific investigations, you said "You only have to visit YouTube to find the truth".  You do realise anyone can post anything on there don't you?  It's like saying "You only need to visit Facebook to find the truth".

So please tell me who these well informed Australian and US media organisations are, and where their well informed YouTube investigations can be seen so we can judge for ourselves.  I guess no well respected media outlets, news channels, newspapers, journalists dared to report this because they are scared of the truth right?

So, come on, links please.  This should be amusing.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, johng said:

All of 3.5 Km's of  "high speed rail" constructed so far.

I suspect that nothing has been "constructed". If it there was there would be media photos of Prayut posing at the construction site with his Chinese friends. More likely that the land had been acquired and cleared, that's all. In any case SRT has no money to construct anything, including half decent rail crossings. It is already 125 billion baht in debt plus over 20 billion it owes Hopewell. The only money they will have for this project comes from China at high interest rates. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, johng said:

All of 3.5 Km's of  "high speed rail" constructed so far.

28 minutes ago, Rubble said:

I suspect that nothing has been "constructed". I

20 hours ago, Rubble said:

Feasibility studies and environmental impact statements will not be required. 

Johng is partially correct. The initial few Kms infrastructure work is substantially complete.
The second civil contract of 11km is well over half built.
There are several Civil Contracts bid. Many ready to go. Some will be let in the next few weeks.
Things were delayed for a few reasons, covid being one of them. The other most big delay was getting the EIA issues cleared which I understand has now been done and the EIA is/will be approved.
FYI, please note that the news on the contract signed was for the rail systems, by the Chinese.
The infrastructure civil works is being built by Thai Contractors.

Getting more of the Civil Construction underway will be a beneffit in jobs for Thais.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

Johng is partially correct. The initial few Kms infrastructure work is substantially complete.
The second civil contract of 11km is well over half built.
There are several Civil Contracts bid. Many ready to go. Some will be let in the next few weeks.
Things were delayed for a few reasons, covid being one of them. The other most big delay was getting the EIA issues cleared which I understand has now been done and the EIA is/will be approved.
FYI, please note that the news on the contract signed was for the rail systems, by the Chinese.
The infrastructure civil works is being built by Thai Contractors.

Getting more of the Civil Construction underway will be a beneffit in jobs for Thais.

Don't you mean a benefit in jobs for Cambodian, Buremese etc instead?

On 10/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, josephbloggs said:

What, China the country which has the most extensive and reliable high speed network in the world?  36,000 kms of high speed rail which is more than two thirds of the world's total network.   

Or are you just a usual TVF "made in China must be bad" basher?

The most reliable high speed network? What PRC propaganda website do you get your information from?

Japanese Shinkansen has had what, 1 death ( a suicide) in it's whole history? The same cant be said of the Chinese counterpart.

33 minutes ago, GeoMill said:

The most reliable high speed network? What PRC propaganda website do you get your information from?

Japanese Shinkansen has had what, 1 death ( a suicide) in it's whole history? The same cant be said of the Chinese counterpart.

So what can be said?

3 hours ago, GeoMill said:

The Japanese system is utterly amazing and incredible to use, no doubt about that.  And yes, no fatal accidents.  Can't argue with that.

Japan has around 3,000kms of high speed line. China has more than 10 times that - currently around 35,000kms.  China has probably exceeded the milage travelled of all HSR lines globally put together (they do have over two thirds of the world's network).  They have had one fatal accident and it was a biggie.  But statistically far far safer than the European lines and all but Japan as you can't argue with no fatalities even through their network is relatively small.

Better?

Chucking out cliches about China's safety is so easy to do...

• Thanks 1