About Chiang Mai Immigration's refusal to extend covid-19 visa

On 10/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, ELMqgp said:

I went to the Chiang Mai Immigration office promenada yesterday and they refused to renew my visa without consulate letter. But immigration officials said the visa could be extend at the immigration office at the airport without any consulate letter. Anyone experiencing the same situation, please update here!

So how did you resolve it?

And which immigration in Chiang Mai did you go to?

On 10/31/2020 at 5:31 PM, edwardandtubs said:

But we only have reports of CM pulling this scam. Pai might be a good option. Even flying to Bangkok where they're definitely accepting applications without an embassy letter would be cheaper than using an agent although do bear in mind you have to return for the final stamp.

I thought the rules are nation wide directives. What if after flying to Bangkok, the same thing applies?

22 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I thought the rules are nation wide directives. What if after flying to Bangkok, the same thing applies?

Other forum members have posted that they successfully extended in Chiang Mai, one came armed with a print-screen and Thai translation of the notice on the American Embassy website which states they will not issue embassy letters.
You could also look in the thread “60 day extensions” and print out and fill in the visa form before you go. On this form it specially says “embassy will not issue letter” and you just tick this box. 

13 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Correct.  I just visited the US Embassy website and they say they will not issue letters because they are no longer required.  So I think if immigration required them, the embassy would offer.  

Why would you think that embassies would issue a "letter" when some have stated that they will not.

19 hours ago, alw22 said:

Have there been any success stories with the new 60 day covid extension in CM?

I was planning to go, but don't want to waste my time, so may wait until I'm in another province.

u just pay 9000b to agent without any docs will get extension 60days.