What Pandemic...Chinese Growth Boosts Asia

Pattaya Spotter

As COVID persists and U.S. election nears, China growth lifts Asia

BEIJING/SEOUL (Reuters) - Asia is starting to see signs of economic recovery as it rides on the back of an upturn in China, which is entering a new expansion phase less than a year after it recorded the world's first cases of COVID-19.  https://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27E0FK

Good economic coattails for Thailand to draft on.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

39 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

As COVID persists and U.S. election nears, China growth lifts Asia

BEIJING/SEOUL (Reuters) - Asia is starting to see signs of economic recovery as it rides on the back of an upturn in China, which is entering a new expansion phase less than a year after it recorded the world's first cases of COVID-19.  https://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27E0FK

Good economic coattails for Thailand to draft on.

How do you think Thailand might benefit?

The Chinese analyse a problem, then act to rectify the problem. In an incredible short period of time.
In the "west" we talk about impending major problems for 10 years. After 10 years of intensive discussions, we we are not really any closer to solve the problems that we startet talking about 10 years ago.
Somebody is going to "give direction" to the future world. But it's not going to be the "west".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, swissie said:

The Chinese analyse a problem, then act to rectify the problem. In an incredible short period of time.
In the "west" we talk about impending major problems for 10 years. After 10 years of intensive discussions, we we are not really any closer to solve the problems that we startet talking about 10 years ago.
Somebody is going to "give direction" to the future world. But it's not going to be the "west".

The Chinese government is rather nasty to people that disagree with it.

I'll take the western way anytime over the Chinese way.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Chinese government is rather nasty to people that disagree with it.

I'll take the western way anytime over the Chinese way.

I think there could be a middle ground; personally I think the pendulum has swung too far towards individual rights and expression vs. societal rights and responsibilities in the West vs. Asia.  The inability of Western countries to get a handle on the virus is a result of this.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

I think there could be a middle ground; personally I think the pendulum has swung too far towards individual rights and expression vs. societal rights and responsibilities in of this. vs. Asia.  The inability of Western countries to get a handle on the virus is a result of this.

Given the people that rule me now, I don't want them to have anymore power than they do now, which is IMO already too much.