What's the meaning of under consideration stamp?

I went to Pattaya immigration on 14th October.

the stamp said, 

"Application of stay is under consideration, 

contact this office again on 11th Nov. "

1. Do I have to go to the same office again on 11th November?

2. I have a plan to go back to Bangkok so if I have to go again ,if possible  I prefer go to the bangkok office, is it ok? 

3. And I found this board at the office, 

"All visa start counting from 1th Nov" 

???

so I don't need to go to the office...? 

too much confusing. what should I do? 

Screenshot_20201029-200305_Gallery.jpg

Edited by ninjabkk

From my understanding, some visas, such as Non Im O Thai wife, cannot be approved by all offices, but need to go to Imm 'centres' for approval.  For example my office has to send my app to Khon Kaen for approval and the 'under consideration' period is to allow for that.

I would suggest you ring the office and explain your travel plans for a solution.....get it from the horses mouth.

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

You do exactly what the stamp in your passport says.

You do not do what a board in an office says. 

It's really simple if you can manage not to confuse yourself.

No one has mentioned why people are now getting these "under consideration" stamps, I've never seen this mentioned in a thread before, no wonder the op is confused

Maybe another way to explaining what "under consideration" means is it can not be approved at time of application for various possible reasons such as must be be reviewed by additional authorities over the coming days/weeks, must be sent to headquarters for approval which will take time, etc.   

But with the "under-consideration" stamp it authorizes you to stay in country up to the associated under-consideration return to office date when the immigration office would either give a final decision stamp or extend the under-consideration date if a final decision had not been made yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pib said:

But with the "under-consideration" stamp it authorizes you to stay in country up to the associated under-consideration return to office date when the immigration office would either give a final decision stamp or extend the under-consideration date if a final decision had not been made yet.

That is not correct. The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until the extension is approved or disapproved. The report back date is just that and it does not end the under consideration period after that day. Immigration has not been doing a new stamp for years now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until the extension is approved or disapproved. The report back date is just that and it does not end the under consideration period after that day. Immigration has not been doing a new stamp for years now.

And that is what I said...just in a different way than you said it.  But I understand you are pointing out if a person returns on the instructed return date if no decision has been reached the IO will just say check back in X-amount of days or as I have seen in a few posts may write in a new return date.  

Edited by Pib

10 hours ago, ninjabkk said:

Thank you for everybody. How many days can I stay in Thailand if I go to the Immigration Department on November 11th and get approval? 

Probably until November 30th.

After getting that stamp you could apply for a 60 day extension in Bangkok.

1 hour ago, ninjabkk said:

If I apply for a 60-day visa in Pattaya that day Nov 11th,  will I be stamped again under consideration?  In that case, I have to go back to Pattaya again.

i don't think anybody has done what you suggest here so it would be impossible for anyone to know. But you be the first and report back. In fact after you report on the 11th, it would be good to share what you get so others can know what to expect.

• 11 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 9:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

When do you wish to go to Bangkok. If few days prior to 11/Nov you could attend immigration and see if it's ready.

You need to close off on the under consideration stamp.

You mean it's possible to go back before the stamped date and it's possible a) it might be ready and b) even if it is, that they will give it to you?

9 hours ago, stament said:

You mean it's possible to go back before the stamped date and it's possible a) it might be ready and b) even if it is, that they will give it to you?

You can go early to check to see it has been approved before the report back date and if approved they would do the extension stamp.