• Alternative State Quarantine reviews

Unfortunately for me, I will have to book a package soon in order to return home.

I was wondering if people that experienced it would care to recommend or warn people to stay away from specific hotels.

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in the Movenpick right now.  60000 baht for the standard room, and because I am over 60 the first night I had to stay at Bangkok Hospital.   The WiFi is good, the a/c is good, the TV is

This may help some.   I stayed at the TwoThree hotel (Sukhumvit 23) in July on an ASQ package - 45,000 baht / 15 nights.    Room: Superior Double - 24 sqm - I felt the room was OK,

With the defamation laws being what they are,  it might be unwise for anyone to discuss hotels in a negative light online. 

OP I take it you're from Calif. Were you able to choose the hotel you wanted or was it assigned? I'm getting conflicting info from folks.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

OP I take it you're from Calif. Were you able to choose the hotel you wanted or was it assigned? I'm getting conflicting info from folks.

You choose any available ASQ hotel you want to. They do not assign the hotels for non Thai applicants.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You choose any available ASQ hotel you want to. They do not assign the hotels for non Thai applicants.

The way I understand it you have to pay for ASQ and flight before you can get COE I think that's the right acronym. But, some drinking buddies were telling me different.

Thanks for clarification.

• Like 1

It won't really matter. You will spend all of you time in the room. You will do your own temps. You will communicate via LINE APP to the onsite nurse and staff. You may get to go out for short periods after you pass your first covid test. All depends on whether you want to pay for a high end hotel or a more simpler hotel. I would say honestly, the only difference in experiences may be the food. Presumably if you pay for a nicer hotel you will get better food? I stayed at the Miloft over by the river, 32,000 for the two weeks. The food honestly wasn't horrible, but was very boring packaged food like you would find at a low end hotel breakfast. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I am in NY, nobody suggested assignment, perhaps for Thai citizens. 

17 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It won't really matter. You will spend all of you time in the room. You will do your own temps. You will communicate via LINE APP to the onsite nurse and staff. You may get to go out for short periods after you pass your first covid test. All depends on whether you want to pay for a high end hotel or a more simpler hotel. I would say honestly, the only difference in experiences may be the food. Presumably if you pay for a nicer hotel you will get better food? I stayed at the Miloft over by the river, 32,000 for the two weeks. The food honestly wasn't horrible, but was very boring packaged food like you would find at a low end hotel breakfast. 

Yes I am with you, the order of importance is : Good food, Good WIFI, Some movies, the rest is important but similar all over.

43 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I would say honestly, the only difference in experiences may be the food.

Some places, you cannot open windows or doors, even if there is a balcony. Some places offers you a service buying stuff from outside, like from the local 7-Eleven. Some places offers food from a selected menu, while, as I understand it, some decides what to give you.