Leaving Thailand for a short time

I'm not sure about Belgium,but France is locking /closing down at the moment.I would think it might not be so easy to be honest with you. I don't really know too much, sorry i can't help you more.

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Check the Thai embassy website in Brussels. There they explain most of it.

www.thaiembassy.be/2020/07/09/application-for-certificate-of-entry-for-non-thai-nationals/?lang=en

COVID-19 NOTICE: ALL SERVICES IS *BY APPOINTMENT* ONLY

LATEST UPDATES (30 OCTOBER 2020)

• Visa exemption schemes are currently suspended.
  • 10 categories of non-Thai nationals are permitted to enter Thailand. They must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) with the Royal Thai Embassy
  • Holders of “O-A” (long stay) & “B” visa (as well as eligible candidate for “O-A” (long-stay) & “B” visa may now apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
  • Special Tourist Visa (STV) can only be applied for by travellers from “LOW-RISK” AREAS, which *DO NOT* include Belgium and Luxembourg.
  • Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand *BUT only for exempted categories of non-Thai nationals*: Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, Thai Airways, Lufthansa Austrian, Airlines, Swiss Air, KLM, Air France and Cathay Pacific

- I have a "O-A" Visa, this I am an eligible candidate to apply for COE.
- All the named airlines operate on the traject from Belgium to Thailand.

Thus I would be able to return to Thailand (with my Re-entry permit) as long as I can get a Certificate of Entry (COA) by the Thai Embassy.

Correct?

22 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

COVID-19 NOTICE: ALL SERVICES IS *BY APPOINTMENT* ONLY

LATEST UPDATES (30 OCTOBER 2020)

• Visa exemption schemes are currently suspended.
  • 10 categories of non-Thai nationals are permitted to enter Thailand. They must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) with the Royal Thai Embassy
  • Holders of “O-A” (long stay) & “B” visa (as well as eligible candidate for “O-A” (long-stay) & “B” visa may now apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
  • Special Tourist Visa (STV) can only be applied for by travellers from “LOW-RISK” AREAS, which *DO NOT* include Belgium and Luxembourg.
  • Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand *BUT only for exempted categories of non-Thai nationals*: Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, Thai Airways, Lufthansa Austrian, Airlines, Swiss Air, KLM, Air France and Cathay Pacific

- I have a "O-A" Visa, this I am an eligible candidate to apply for COE.
- All the named airlines operate on the traject from Belgium to Thailand.

Thus I would be able to return to Thailand (with my Re-entry permit) as long as I can get a Certificate of Entry (COA) by the Thai Embassy.

Correct?

Theoretically I would say yes, but I think it best if Ubon Joe would better advise you on this.

Also you could email or call the Thai embassy in Brussels to see if your existing visa and reentry permit would be acceptable to apply for the COE.

You also need the specific covid insurance USD100000, book a flight with an embassy approved airline and have a covid test done at an approved laboratory/medical facility 72 hrs in advance of your confirmed airline departure and show the airline the medical covid test certificate at check-in. Also do not forget to book an ASQ hotel where you will have to quarantine for 14/15 days/nights? in an ASQ hotel upon your reentry into Thailand.

Edited by userabcd

42 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Check the Thai embassy website in Brussels. There they explain most of it.

www.thaiembassy.be/2020/07/09/application-for-certificate-of-entry-for-non-thai-nationals/?lang=en

Even if I would stay 14 days at an approved quarantine hotel, it is not so expensive (40k a 50k baht).
EG.: 

Clipboard023.jpg

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

^^^ Good deal for 30-days cover but I think the insurance has to cover the duration of your planned stay in Thailand. For arguments sake, for at least for the duration of the O-A extension that you will be re-entering on.

According to the website, I only need to cover the 14 days in quarantine.

If I get Covid-19 AFTER the 30 days insurance, it will be on my expenses.
But after reading the website, I think that it would be wise to have a longer Covid coverage.
Not so expensive.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

My visa expires on May 28, 2021.
So I would need a coverage of 6 months.
According to the site = 23,040 thb.

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Belgium is not considered a low-risk country so you won't be allowed in as a tourist or retirement.

The link provided by another poster contradicts you and does allow certain persons back to Thailand (I can apply for a COE) under certain conditions.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

According to the website, I only need to cover the 14 days in quarantine.

I am confident that it needs to cover the entire stay. I have just applied for a visa and COE, and there were several demands that is not mentioned at the embassy website.

Do yourself a favour and as suggested earlier, check if you can attend the court meeting by zoom. That will save you a lot of money and time.

If that is not possible, do yourself a favour and contact the embassy about the requirements.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I am staying in Thailand with a Retirement Visa (non-O).

I have also a Re-entry permit.

Are you staying on an O or OA that you later said?  If O you can't currently come, OA you'll need health insurance

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I am staying in Thailand with a Retirement Visa (non-O).

I have also a Re-entry permit.

I did read somewhere that Thailand was going to let tourists back in.
But I don't know if Belgium is one of these countries.

I also remember to have read somewhere that the quarantine period can be done at home (= stay 2 weeks at home).
The quarantine in a shelter or a hospital was only for tourists as far as I understood.

Only O-A and O-X visa can return to Thailand.

8 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I have a "O-A" Visa, this I am an eligible candidate to apply for COE.

Do you have a valid OA visa issued by a embassy or a re-entry permit to keep the one year entry valid from it valid?

You wrote  you have a non-o visa and extension of stay based upon retirement. That is not a OA visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a valid OA visa issued by a embassy or a re-entry permit to keep the one year entry valid from it valid?

You wrote  you have a non-o visa and extension of stay based upon retirement. That is not a OA visa.

My Visa says only "Non-RE".
Valid for 1 years + Re-entry permit.

Are you registered at our Belgian embassy in Bangkok?

In case of affirmative, they are very helpful.

Just contact them and explain your situation.

They should be able to provide you all documentation needed to have your court appearance postponed.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

My Visa says only "Non-RE".
Valid for 1 years + Re-entry permit.

What visa did you originally enter Thailand on? If it was a non immigrant visa issued by an embassy in Belgium then it would be in your passport and written on the visa Non O-A  or Non O.

Are you required to have health insurance 40000/400000 baht when you apply/do your annual extension of stay at immigration?

Edited by userabcd

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

What visa did you originally enter Thailand on? If it was a visa issued by an embassy in Belgium then it would be in your passport and written on the visa Non O-A  or Non O.

Are you required to have health insurance 40000/400000 baht when you apply/do your annual extension of stay at immigration?

1. Non-O (2001)
2. No