Leaving Thailand for a short time

11 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I am staying in Thailand with a Retirement Visa (non-O).

I have also a Re-entry permit.

I did read somewhere that Thailand was going to let tourists back in.
But I don't know if Belgium is one of these countries.

I also remember to have read somewhere that the quarantine period can be done at home (= stay 2 weeks at home).
The quarantine in a shelter or a hospital was only for tourists as far as I understood.

You can't quarantine at home.

• Thanks 1

Just have read this.

BANGKOK, Oct 29 (TNA) – The National Communicable Disease Committee agreed to reduce travel quarantine to 10 days from 14 days in Thursday’s meeting, said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Ministry Anutin  Charnvirakul.

The Disease Control Department will issue strict regulations on the new measures to monitor the quarantinees for another four days after they complete the mandatory 10-day quarantine.

Contact tracing system will be put in place and they must adhere to social distancing rules, avoid crowded places and wear face covering.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-573375

11 hours ago, Confuscious said:

COVID-19 NOTICE: ALL SERVICES IS *BY APPOINTMENT* ONLY

LATEST UPDATES (30 OCTOBER 2020)

• Visa exemption schemes are currently suspended.
  • 10 categories of non-Thai nationals are permitted to enter Thailand. They must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) with the Royal Thai Embassy
  • Holders of “O-A” (long stay) & “B” visa (as well as eligible candidate for “O-A” (long-stay) & “B” visa may now apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
  • Special Tourist Visa (STV) can only be applied for by travellers from “LOW-RISK” AREAS, which *DO NOT* include Belgium and Luxembourg.
  • Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand *BUT only for exempted categories of non-Thai nationals*: Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, Thai Airways, Lufthansa Austrian, Airlines, Swiss Air, KLM, Air France and Cathay Pacific

- I have a "O-A" Visa, this I am an eligible candidate to apply for COE.
- All the named airlines operate on the traject from Belgium to Thailand.

Thus I would be able to return to Thailand (with my Re-entry permit) as long as I can get a Certificate of Entry (COA) by the Thai Embassy.

Correct?

When you stay in one of the dedicated quarantine hotels at your cost and have health insurance with a minimum of 100K USD for Covid

12 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I was married to a Thai citizen.
But I converted my Visa to a Retirement Visa in 2010 because of a divorce.

So you are not married and are on non o retirement. From what I have read if you leave on that Non-O based on retirement that currently you will not be allowed back into Thailand.

You may need to apply for a new Non O-A in Belgium and meet all the financial and medical conditions as required by that visa. Also Ubon Joe could clarify for you if you could even apply for another non immigrant visa while still having a valid permit to stay in Thailand in your passport.

Edited by userabcd

4 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Just have read this.

BANGKOK, Oct 29 (TNA) – The National Communicable Disease Committee agreed to reduce travel quarantine to 10 days from 14 days in Thursday’s meeting, said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Ministry Anutin  Charnvirakul.

The Disease Control Department will issue strict regulations on the new measures to monitor the quarantinees for another four days after they complete the mandatory 10-day quarantine.

Contact tracing system will be put in place and they must adhere to social distancing rules, avoid crowded places and wear face covering.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-573375

You need the official announcement by the government.

8 minutes ago, poohy said:

Thoroughly unhelpful comment.. good luck to OP currently  there are many people that need to leave and re enter thailand, for perfectly legitimate reasons, business funerals family ill health medical appointments.

At the moment they are trapped here just because you live here it does mean you do not travel out regularly  

I did read the requirements of the Thai embassy in Belgium to be able to re-enter Thailand after travelling abroad and I can fulfill all the requirements they ask for.

Of course, I will need to take a Covid insurance (6 months as remaining stay in Thailand on my passport) and I will need to Quarantine at a hotel assigned by the Thai government.

But these costs are not extravagant as I showed already in this thread.

There are also other costs like obtaining a receipt from a hospital abroad about a Covid test, but this is free in my home country.

I wait for a confirmation about the necessary documents from the Thai Embassy in Belgium and a confirmation that I can re-enter Thailand without problems.

Note also that the Quarantine times has been reduced from 14 days to 10 days which has an impact on the price from the hotels.

51 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Contact tracing system will be put in place and they must adhere to social distancing rules, avoid crowded places and wear face coveri

Interesting, once such quarantinees are out in the general population, human behaviour suggests many will try to circumvent/ignore the rules.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Note also that the Quarantine times has been reduced from 14 days to 10 days which has an impact on the price from the hotels.

It hasn't. The idea has been floated but at this time, it's just an idea.

From the information you have supplied it appears you will have to get a new visa, you could be stuck in the home country for longer than you imagine/want unfortunately. Personally I'd be investigating the possibility of remote "attendance" in court.

Good luck with whatever way you have to go.

• Like 1

If not already stated... you will need to contact the Belgium Thai Embassy and start the process for your return on a Non-Immigrant O-A as that is the only VISA you will be eligible to return on. The only other issue you need to inquire about is if Belgium is one of the countries that Thailand considers a low risk country. 

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This is very valuable information, can you please share the full website address that this snip is taken from. Thanks.

Thai General Insurance Association (TGIA) provides a platform where COVID-19 Insurance with the associated insurance companies can be bought online  (http://covid19.tgia.org/). Please note that the purchase from TGIA’s website is optional and insurance from other companies can still be accepted as long as it meets abovementioned requirement.

The list of ASQ Hotels is regularly updated and can be found at http://hsscovid.com/

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

ai General Insurance Association (TGIA) provides a platform where COVID-19 Insurance with the associated insurance companies can be bought online  (http://covid19.tgia.org/)

And that site should also lay to rest the belief that you only need the insurance for the quarantine period. In red letters it says:

*The insurance must cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand.

Confuscious

•  
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,193 posts
  15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

^^^ Good deal for 30-days cover but I think the insurance has to cover the duration of your planned stay in Thailand. For arguments sake, for at least for the duration of the O-A extension that you will be re-entering on.

According to the website, I only need to cover the 14 days in quarantine.

If I get Covid-19 AFTER the 30 days insurance, it will be on my expenses.
But after reading the website, I think that it would be wise to have a longer Covid coverage.
Not so expensive.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

My visa expires on May 28, 2021.
So I would need a coverage of 6 months.
According to the site = 23,040 thb.

NOT IN RED, BUT READABLE TO EVERYONE WHO IS NOT BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I think that means your insurance must cover you for the first 15 days after entry. Some policies have a clause that states it does not cover you for the first 15 days after entering a country.

Your insurance will need to cover you until at least May 28th.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that means your insurance must cover you for the first 15 days after entry. Some policies have a clause that states it does not cover you for the first 15 days after entering a country.

Your insurance will need to cover you until at least May 28th.

On the FIRST page of this thread!!!!.

Edited by Confuscious
Add
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I am not sure who you are replying to; however, the comment on the red text makes me think you are replying to me. This is a screenshot of the page where you choose country and period of coverage and it is the page before you see the price quote you posted earlier.

tip.png.08fc2993f567833cbd42f392771d3a69.png

Anyway, it seems you do not want to listen to advice and information on existing rules, and that you will rather listen to rumours and ideas that may never materialize (like the 10 day quarantine). Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

On the SAME PAGE, a few threads below, you can read:

Seems to me that YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

On the SAME PAGE, a few threads below, you can read:

Seems to me that YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN.

You forgot to quote what you also wrote in that post:

If I get Covid-19 AFTER the 30 days insurance, it will be on my expenses.
But after reading the website, I think that it would be wise to have a longer Covid coverage.
Not so expensive.

No the website does not say you only need to cover the 14 days in quarantine.

Also, it is not a question if you think it would be wise to have longer coverage; the thing is that you NEED to have longer coverage.

• Like 1

If there is any possible way you can avoid leaving please do so?

My friend left for the USA late June on the same extension of stay that you seem to have for retirement.

He has been trying everything possible to get back since then and has been unsuccessful!

Money is not the problem, but getting the COE seems almost impossible at this time.

• Like 1