Leaving Thailand for a short time

15 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Another "bar stool wisdom" helpfull reply.

Email I received from the Belgian Embassy today:
------------------------------------------------------------

<[email protected]>
To:
Subject: Terugkeer naar Belgie
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 00:55:36 +0000

Beste,

Belgen met of zonder woonplaats in België kunnen ALTIJD terugkeren naar België.

Voor terugkeer vanuit Thailand naar België zal u een Passenger Locator form minstens 48 uur voor vertrek moeten invullen en overmaken.  Thailand valt voorlopig in een groene zone voor België, dus in principe zou een covid-test niet nodig zijn.

Let wel de luchtvaartmaatschappij kan eisen dat u een test voorlegt.

De maatregelen in België en Europa veranderen constant. Het is daarom zeker aan te raden te websites van de verschillende instanties regelmatig te raadplegen :

https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl                       

https://www.info-coronavirus.be/nl/       

Translation in English:

Dear, Belgian citizens with or without a place to live can ALWAYS return to Belgium.
For return from Thailand to Belgium, you need to fill in a "Passenger Locator" from at least 48 hours before leaving and deliver.
Thailand is for the moment a "Green zone" for Belgium, and a Covid test is not needed.
But the airline company can demand that you do a Covid test nonetheless,
The measures in Belgium and Europe change constantly. Therefore it is recommended to follow the recommendations on the Websites of the concerning countries.

And where in the email does it say that you can return to Thailand shortly after you finished your business in Belgium?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

This email is from the BELGIAN EMBASSY IN BANGKOK.
Returning to Thailand is none of their business.

Returning to Thailand from Belgium is a case for the THAI EMBASSY in Belgium.
And I published their answer already.

Can not believe that I need to tell this to somebody unless he has the brain of a peanut.

Stop your rubbish. 

Go and exit Thailand and do your thing. Rubbish thread with abusive OP. 

Know all however know zip.

Book your flight out asap. Why ask thaivisa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop your rubbish. 

Go and exit Thailand and do your thing. Rubbish thread with abusive OP. 

Know all however know zip.

Book your flight out asap. Why ask thaivisa. 

It's difficult to accept FACTS like I published against "bar stool wisdom".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Who say that I want to re-enter Thailand on Retirement purposes?
That is not my question in thread #1.
I have a Thai child and I am the ONLY caretaker of the child according to the divorce papers.
There are lot more possibilities than only "retirement" which was anyway not the original question.
Why continue to be the "wise guy" when you are only preaching barstool wisdom?
I understand now why so many people stay steer of this group.

I am not trying to be wise at all, I am pointing out facts, facts which you have stated as well, which is that your current EOS and therefore re-entry permit is based on retirement, so your application for entry would be based on this unless you reapply for another visa.

It may be possible to apply for a new non-o visa and then apply for a COE based on the custody of your child, I've personally not seen anybody have success in this regard, a COE for marriage is certainly possible, so it should be for a child.

Either way, unless the rules change, it seems your only option is to apply for a new non-o category visa and then a COE.

At the end of the day, it is entirely up to you if you heed advice or not.

23 minutes ago, userabcd said:

The embassy is referring to a permanent resident who has the certificate of residence and a reentry permit.

Why on earth would anyone need a "Certificate of Residence" when he/she has a "BLUE BOOK" and a "Red BOOK" on his/hers name?
The Blue book and the Red book are certificates of PERMANENT residence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-permanent-residence-visa/

All applications for a Thai Permanent Residence Visa must be done so at a Royal Thai Immigration Office. It must be noted that there is an annual quota for granting permanent residency in Thailand with a maximum of 100 persons per country granted each year.

Applications for this visa are usually only considered between October and the end of every year.

Once your application for Thai Permanent Residence Visa has been approved you will receive a blue residence book. Once you receive this book you must register your place of residence in Thailand at the local Amphur after which you will receive a house card.

Once you have received your residence certificate you can then apply for an alien book (red book) at the local police station. Your alien book will be your equivalent of the Thai national ID card and it must be re-registered every year.

Your Thai Permanent Residence Visa never expires unless it is revoked, but if you leave and re-enter Thailand without a re-entry permit your visa may be revoked.

After 10 consecutive years on a Thai Permanent Residence Visa you can apply to become a Thai naturalized citizen.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Why on earth would anyone need a "Certificate of Residence" when he/she has a "BLUE BOOK" and a "Red BOOK" on his/hers name?
The Blue book and the Red book are certificates of PERMANENT residence.

When you apply for a CoE as a permanent resident, I assume the embassy prefer that you have a passport showing you are a permanent resident, together with the reentry permit. I am unsure what happens if you have lost your passport with the permanent residence stamp and reentry permit. Perhaps, the red book, together with some sort of evidence that you did have a reentry permit would be accepted. Leaving aside this exceptional situation, I think the red book would be irrelevant when applying for a CoE.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Why on earth would anyone need a "Certificate of Residence"

Hey Confused....ious. Purchased your outbound flight? At very least that will be easy part.

I note in news Sweden having issues along with many countries. Think Belgium, France, UK going into lockdown.

You might need 2 week turn around. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hey Confused....ious. Purchased your outbound flight? At very least that will be easy part.

I note in news Sweden having issues along with many countries. Think Belgium, France, UK going into lockdown.

You might need 2 week turn around. 

Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo announced a national “reinforced” lockdown starting Monday, with shops deemed non-essential to close and family visits outlawed. A planned school holiday will be extended until November 15.

At a press conference Friday, De Croo said that visits to the homes of family and friends will no longer be allowed, and only one close contact will be allowed outside the household. There is an exception for people who live alone, who are allowed to have close contact with two people from outside their household.

https://www.politico.eu/article/belgium-announces-second-coronavirus-lockdown/

Edited by teacherclaire
Remember the ghost.