Prayut to visit Phuket as tourism efforts fall flat

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister will visit Phuket on Monday (November 2) to discuss ways to restore the South’s Covid-battered tourism industry.

He'll discuss everything except stepping down, that's not on his agenda.

45 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well at least the PM and his horde will likely stay at one of the hotels for their

visit. I hope they can see just how deserted Phuket is at the moment.

Geezer

I doubt it. I accompanied a famous tennis player to Phuket soon after the Tsunami, there and back the same day from Bangkok.

• Like 1

Sadly the good general will miss out on seeing all the crazy kids (less helmets) racing on the streets on their loud motorbikes as most of the roads will be cleared of traffic whilst he is around.

just think of it... his convoy of +/- 40 vehicles travelling over the islands notorious hills. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister will visit Phuket on Monday (November 2) to discuss ways to restore the South’s Covid-battered tourism industry

He won't do anything. He doesn't know how to do anything positive. His brain is too small.  He only knows how to ban and crackdown on things and curfew.

Tourist industry has too many Chiefs and no Indians better to let civil servants advise if and when to reopen to tourists but now is not the time it is better to accept peak season lost this year and find other ways to support the tourism and related businesses by way of Government subsidies

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut to visit Phuket as tourism efforts fall flat

with the quantity of incompetent people, including him,  in his government did he expected anything else.... your time is over, better to quit now

• Like 1

its really very simple,what is they dont uderstand?allow people in.the Q is now 10 days a good move.the insurance scam needs to go and allow people in according to whether or not they have the virus not some racial admission policy,so if you test negative thats great u r neg so where u come from and what colour u r is not the important factor.is that too difficult a concept to grasp??put more flights on hotels and airports are empty,internal flights have gone well and serve a s a dry run

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kotsak said:

Yes, plus air-tickets that get more pricey during the so-called "long weekend".

Exactly my thoughts. Was planning a few times to visit Phuket during a regular or long weekend.

Flights were so expensive compared to pre-covid times I decided to go to the east coast and Hua Hin by car.

• Like 1

Thank goodness he is visiting. He did an amazing job in Chiang Mai. They no longer burn here and our air is fresher than the Swiss Alps. PMI 2.5 is never above 10 and the economy is thri the roof. Hes a gift to this nation.additionally tourism,i read, is only down 7% from this time last year and by december they will be 26% higher espicially with yacht owners and crew spending 2.3 biliion thai baht every hour and grouls of 100 chinese tourists spending 72 million baht every minute.

• Haha 1