Walmart pulls firearms, ammunition from U.S. store floors as civil unrest flares

webfact

12 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't see the reason why you are surprise that Washington is on edge. The nation's capital has historically been the most prominent spots for demonstrations and other public advocacy. If there are demonstration, it is within their 1st Amendment Rights and they applied for permits. The violence this summer was triggered by events that were deemed as racial injustice and police brutality. It got to a worsened state because of the incendiary language of Trump and his dog whistle to militia right winger group like the Proud Boys. This President divide rather than unite and his offensive rhetoric extend well into the election campaign and any violence thereafter the election will be pinned on him.  

The protests? Yes, definitely triggered by police misconduct. The riots? Another story altogether.  Half a BILLION dollars damage in Minneapolis and upwards of 2 billion across the country.  How much of that was caused by your dog whistles or right wing groups? The latest riots and looting in Philadelphia were caused by police shooting an armed man who was approaching them and refused to drop his weapon. 

I mean, nothing says "racial justice" like stealing a flat-screen TV or a nice pair of Nikes, does it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Half a BILLION dollars damage in Minneapolis and upwards of 2 billion across the country.  How much of that was caused by your dog whistles or right wing groups?

At least some of it:

A member of the right-wing extremist group "Boogaloo Bois" shot 13 rounds at a Minneapolis police department with an AK-47 style gun and yelled "Justice for Floyd" during protests in the wake of the killing of George Floyd in May, according to a federal complaint cited by the Star Tribune on Friday.

https://www.insider.com/right-wing-extremist-shot-minneapolis-police-precinct-during-protests-prosecutors-2020-10

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The protests? Yes, definitely triggered by police misconduct. The riots? Another story altogether.  Half a BILLION dollars damage in Minneapolis and upwards of 2 billion across the country.  How much of that was caused by your dog whistles or right wing groups? The latest riots and looting in Philadelphia were caused by police shooting an armed man who was approaching them and refused to drop his weapon. 

I mean, nothing says "racial justice" like stealing a flat-screen TV or a nice pair of Nikes, does it?

Lootings is not protesting. Looters are fringe actors that took advantage of the chaos and caused property damages. Fringe actors will include criminals, agitators and people who have divisive or even violent goals showing up at those highly charged rallies to spread their messages of hate. Far right groups like the Boogaloo Boys see themselves as fighting government tyranny and are buoyed by Trump who "god whistled' to them by his tweets and rhetoric to 'liberate' states. Don't confuse yourself with those scum looters who are criminals and protesters. Bottom line, the President must do more to refrain himself from divisive and ugly language and should there be violence before and after the election; as President he will have to take that accountability and responsibility. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Lootings is not protesting. Looters are fringe actors that took advantage of the chaos and caused property damages. Fringe actors will include criminals, agitators and people who have divisive or even violent goals showing up at those highly charged rallies to spread their messages of hate. Far right groups like the Boogaloo Boys see themselves as fighting government tyranny and are buoyed by Trump who "god whistled' to them by his tweets and rhetoric to 'liberate' states. Don't confuse yourself with those scum looters who are criminals and protesters. Bottom line, the President must do more to refrain himself from divisive and ugly language and should there be violence before and after the election; as President he will have to take that accountability and responsibility. 

Some were the criminal element, to be sure. Others were not.  Such as the lawyers who threw molotov cocktails into a police car in New York.    My theory is that protests don't happen at night.  If you truly want to make your voice heard, you do it in daylight when you can be seen and your numbers stand out.  But setting fires, blocking roads, harrassing motorists, vandalizing/destroying public property, none of these actions are protest.  And while there may be some people merely protesting, they give cover (both literally and politically) to the more extreme people who just want to burn it all down.

Don't give Trump too much credit for his "rhetoric".  It isn't that persuasive.  However, you CAN look at groups like Black Lives Matter and find their goals simply by searching their homepage- destruction of the traditional family unit, end of capitalism/private property, etc.  They also outnumber any far right groups by 10 to one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Some were the criminal element, to be sure. Others were not.  Such as the lawyers who threw molotov cocktails into a police car in New York.    My theory is that protests don't happen at night.  If you truly want to make your voice heard, you do it in daylight when you can be seen and your numbers stand out.  But setting fires, blocking roads, harrassing motorists, vandalizing/destroying public property, none of these actions are protest.  And while there may be some people merely protesting, they give cover (both literally and politically) to the more extreme people who just want to burn it all down.

Don't give Trump too much credit for his "rhetoric".  It isn't that persuasive.  However, you CAN look at groups like Black Lives Matter and find their goals simply by searching their homepage- destruction of the traditional family unit, end of capitalism/private property, etc.  They also outnumber any far right groups by 10 to one. 

What?  Trump is 100% responsible for this rhetoric.  It's pervasive due to his actions.

You are aware of the road blocks setup by Trump supporters?  Running Biden's bus off the road?  Harassing people at polling places?  Come on...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-proud-boys-biden.html

Proud Boys celebrate Trump’s ‘stand by’ remark about them at the debate.

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

What?  Trump is 100% responsible for this rhetoric.  It's pervasive due to his actions.

You are aware of the road blocks setup by Trump supporters?  Running Biden's bus off the road?  Harassing people at polling places?  Come on...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-proud-boys-biden.html

Proud Boys celebrate Trump’s ‘stand by’ remark about them at the debate.

...and of course you are in turn aware that Trump has repeatedly and completely disavowed racists and white supremacists on multiple occasions. From the Charlottesville protests to the last debate. 

Proud Boys? Please. They are a tiny group of wannabes. Not racist, not even relevant. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

...and of course you are in turn aware that Trump has repeatedly and completely disavowed racists and white supremacists on multiple occasions. From the Charlottesville protests to the last debate. 

Proud Boys? Please. They are a tiny group of wannabes. Not racist, not even relevant. 

You really need a better source for your news.  Clueless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Given some of the rhetoric on this thread, there are a few that will be at a loss for what to post IF Trump loses. Perhaps some of us on the other side can respond in the same style to Biden if he is president.

CNN is going to have to have a complete culture change given ( from what I've seen on there ) that their main topic of conversation is Trump.

If Trump loses I can't see him being overly distraught- he'll just go back to building things and making money, IMO ( he was probably surprised to actually win in 2016 ). However I can't see his base accepting it quietly, if one knows what I mean.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Trump loses I can't see him being overly distraught- he'll just go back to building things and making money, IMO ( he was probably surprised to actually win in 2016 ).

If he loses, he goes to jail. He knows it, his family knows it, SDNY knows it. He's a cornered rat.

48 minutes ago, J Town said:

No. It took him DAYS to finally answer the question after it was first asked of him. The only reason he did was too many of his boot licking supporters were telling him, in the nicest way (so he wouldn't shop off their heads) that it would really REALLY help his campaign if he did. As well, he has never said the actual words with any conviction. There are too many fine racists in his base that he doesn't want to insult.

Here is the President's quote from Charlottesville back in 2017;

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Is that clear enough?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, J Town said:

No. It took him DAYS to finally answer the question after it was first asked of him. The only reason he did was too many of his boot licking supporters were telling him, in the nicest way (so he wouldn't shop off their heads) that it would really REALLY help his campaign if he did. As well, he has never said the actual words with any conviction. There are too many fine racists in his base that he doesn't want to insult.

Interesting. When was he "first" asked to disavow white supremacists then???

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given some of the rhetoric on this thread, there are a few that will be at a loss for what to post IF Trump loses. Perhaps some of us on the other side can respond in the same style to Biden if he is president.

CNN is going to have to have a complete culture change given ( from what I've seen on there ) that their main topic of conversation is Trump.

If Trump loses I can't see him being overly distraught- he'll just go back to building things and making money, IMO ( he was probably surprised to actually win in 2016 ). However I can't see his base accepting it quietly, if one knows what I mean.

One of the main reasons for many of us in hopping that Trump loses is that we are TIRED of hearing BS and lies every single day.  Jeez.  I relish going a week and hearing nothing about the US government.  It would be fantastic.  The citizens are in control of the government, not the elected politicians.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here is the President's quote from Charlottesville back in 2017;

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Is that clear enough?

Show  a reference link otherwise it's fake, and not allowed per forum rules.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here is the President's quote from Charlottesville back in 2017;  <snip>

You should know that's not what I was referring to. During the first presidential debate, the clear question was put to 45 if he condemned white supremacy. He did not, and could not, for days after.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/918483794/from-debate-stage-trump-declines-to-denounce-white-supremacy

The quote you posted? Watch his delivery. First, the words were too bigly for him. He could never have come up with them by himself, he communicates at about a 3rd grade schoolyard bully level. Second, as I stated before, there was no conviction because he doesn't believe the words. I do admire anyone's dedication to lashing themselves to a sinking ship.

36 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Show  a reference link otherwise it's fake, and not allowed per forum rules.

Oh, he read those words from a podium. He can't hide the fact that he really doesn't believe the speech because he's ignorant, stupid, and a racist.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-statement-alt-right-protests/index.html

18 minutes ago, J Town said:

Oh, he read those words from a podium. He can't hide the fact that he really doesn't believe the speech because he's ignorant, stupid, and a racist.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-statement-alt-right-protests/index.html

Yeah.  Trump has said exactly the opposite soooo many times.  I'm from the East coast and have known about this conman for decades.  He's a pure racist.  Impossible to say otherwise, so some try.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020

Trump has repeatedly claimed he’s “the least racist person.” His history suggests otherwise.

Jeez.  Read this.  I'd be ashamed if I was @Hanagumato read this. ????????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, J Town said:

You should know that's not what I was referring to. During the first presidential debate, the clear question was put to 45 if he condemned white supremacy. He did not, and could not, for days after.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/918483794/from-debate-stage-trump-declines-to-denounce-white-supremacy

The quote you posted? Watch his delivery. First, the words were too bigly for him. He could never have come up with them by himself, he communicates at about a 3rd grade schoolyard bully level. Second, as I stated before, there was no conviction because he doesn't believe the words. I do admire anyone's dedication to lashing themselves to a sinking ship.

So first you say he never condemned white supremacy. So you are shown one of innumerable occasions when he did in fact do so. Now you aren&t satisfied with HOW he said it.  What more do you want. egg in your beer?  

In the debate it was probably the 10th time he has been asked the same damn thing. Even by the same journalist. So I can imagine he was getting tired of it, tired of being constantly badgered and accused.  So he answered "sure" because why should he have to repeat himself over and over and over?  

Besides, how many times has Joe Biden been asked the same question? He's the one who hung around with the KKK recruiter, even read a eulogy at his funeral. 

• Thanks 1

Please keep it civil. And include links to any quotes.

For the record here is official link to 1) Trump's first public remarks re Charlottesville (live coverage, CNBC) and 2) a prepared statement he read 24 hours later (official white house release).

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaZR8E12bs

2) https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-trump/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

So first you say he never condemned white supremacy. So you are shown one of innumerable occasions when he did in fact do so. Now you aren&t satisfied with HOW he said it.  What more do you want. egg in your beer?  

In the debate it was probably the 10th time he has been asked the same damn thing. Even by the same journalist. So I can imagine he was getting tired of it, tired of being constantly badgered and accused.  So he answered "sure" because why should he have to repeat himself over and over and over?  

Besides, how many times has Joe Biden been asked the same question? He's the one who hung around with the KKK recruiter, even read a eulogy at his funeral. 

Joe Biden has never been accused of being a racist. By sane people anyway.

• Like 1