Jump to content

Walmart pulls firearms, ammunition from U.S. store floors as civil unrest flares


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here is the President's quote from Charlottesville back in 2017;

 

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America.

And as I have said many times before: No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

 

Is that clear enough?

 

 

Show  a reference link otherwise it's fake, and not allowed per forum rules.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, so many mass shootings back then. Just give me a minute or so to reload...

Of course we have similar policies in place in the UK.   A lot of our supermarkets will not sell eggs or flour to teenagers at Halloween!

Why, is it the only place that sells?   Good to see some social responsibility.

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here is the President's quote from Charlottesville back in 2017;  <snip>

You should know that's not what I was referring to. During the first presidential debate, the clear question was put to 45 if he condemned white supremacy. He did not, and could not, for days after.

 

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/918483794/from-debate-stage-trump-declines-to-denounce-white-supremacy

 

The quote you posted? Watch his delivery. First, the words were too bigly for him. He could never have come up with them by himself, he communicates at about a 3rd grade schoolyard bully level. Second, as I stated before, there was no conviction because he doesn't believe the words. I do admire anyone's dedication to lashing themselves to a sinking ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Show  a reference link otherwise it's fake, and not allowed per forum rules.

Oh, he read those words from a podium. He can't hide the fact that he really doesn't believe the speech because he's ignorant, stupid, and a racist.

 

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-statement-alt-right-protests/index.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, J Town said:

Oh, he read those words from a podium. He can't hide the fact that he really doesn't believe the speech because he's ignorant, stupid, and a racist.

 

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-statement-alt-right-protests/index.html

Yeah.  Trump has said exactly the opposite soooo many times.  I'm from the East coast and have known about this conman for decades.  He's a pure racist.  Impossible to say otherwise, so some try.

 

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

 

Quote

 

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020

Trump has repeatedly claimed he’s “the least racist person.” His history suggests otherwise.

 

 

Jeez.  Read this.  I'd be ashamed if I was @Hanagumato read this. 😂😃

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, J Town said:

You should know that's not what I was referring to. During the first presidential debate, the clear question was put to 45 if he condemned white supremacy. He did not, and could not, for days after.

 

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/918483794/from-debate-stage-trump-declines-to-denounce-white-supremacy

 

The quote you posted? Watch his delivery. First, the words were too bigly for him. He could never have come up with them by himself, he communicates at about a 3rd grade schoolyard bully level. Second, as I stated before, there was no conviction because he doesn't believe the words. I do admire anyone's dedication to lashing themselves to a sinking ship.

So first you say he never condemned white supremacy. So you are shown one of innumerable occasions when he did in fact do so. Now you aren&t satisfied with HOW he said it.  What more do you want. egg in your beer?  

 

In the debate it was probably the 10th time he has been asked the same damn thing. Even by the same journalist. So I can imagine he was getting tired of it, tired of being constantly badgered and accused.  So he answered "sure" because why should he have to repeat himself over and over and over?  

 

Besides, how many times has Joe Biden been asked the same question? He's the one who hung around with the KKK recruiter, even read a eulogy at his funeral. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep it civil. And include links to any quotes.

 

For the record here is official link to 1) Trump's first public remarks re Charlottesville (live coverage, CNBC) and 2) a prepared statement he read 24 hours later (official white house release).

 

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaZR8E12bs

 

 

2) https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-trump/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

So first you say he never condemned white supremacy. So you are shown one of innumerable occasions when he did in fact do so. Now you aren&t satisfied with HOW he said it.  What more do you want. egg in your beer?  

 

In the debate it was probably the 10th time he has been asked the same damn thing. Even by the same journalist. So I can imagine he was getting tired of it, tired of being constantly badgered and accused.  So he answered "sure" because why should he have to repeat himself over and over and over?  

 

Besides, how many times has Joe Biden been asked the same question? He's the one who hung around with the KKK recruiter, even read a eulogy at his funeral. 

Joe Biden has never been accused of being a racist. By sane people anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...