Walmart pulls firearms, ammunition from U.S. store floors as civil unrest flares

webfact

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

I think some people talk about firearms like their experts but the reality is they wouldn't know the dangerous end from the safe end.  And firearms training in Stralia is for some taught by your dad and if you get something wrong you get a stern warning not to do it again...but do it twice and you some serious verbal abuse!  

LOL.

Thousands of Australian men have served and they've all been trained to use them by men that have used them in action ( or at least till the last of the Vietnam vets retired ).

I think I know which end the projectile comes out of.

In NZ hunting is huge, and also many thousands of guys have served even if most never saw action.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

An obvious reason to not insist on a "one rule fits all" approach to gun control is that the needs in a crowded city are different from those in the country.

Does anyone living in a city apartment need a .303?  Do they need a semi-automatic assault rifle?

They do if facing possibility of home invasion by gangsters.

.303????????????????? That was WW2.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

I particularly enjoyed Bernie Sanders' view on the matter. He said people in Vermont have very different circumstances than those in California, and gun laws should be left up to the individual states.

Oh, if only that pesky constitution didn't have something to say on the matter.

18 minutes ago, polpott said:
1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Since the end of the cold war, can you think of any time in any democratic country when armed civilians defended against tyranny?

Vietnam. And guess who won?

Errrr. I believe you need to take Remedial History 101 and/or read and understand the question before answering.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Well they certainly don’t feel the need for military style assault rifles and concealed handguns !

Mention was made of guns being banned in the UK...so I was wondering what they use for the fox and pheasant hunts. And not UK related, but I bet that teacher in Paris and the three people in Nice, including a little old lady, who had their heads chopped-off wished they had a concealed handgun.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, polpott said:
8 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Errrr. I believe you need to take some Remedial History 101 and/or read and understand the question before answering.

I think you didn't like the answer. BTW The Vietnamese geurillas won. Result.

Gee, what gave you the clue? What the H are you referring to, exactly.

Ref.: The comment(s) under discussion are HERE [TVF permalink]

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:
14 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Well they certainly don’t feel the need for military style assault rifles and concealed handguns !

Mention was made of guns being banned in the UK...so I was wondering what they use for the fox and pheasant hunts.

Highly-trained hunting dogs, wolves and hawks and boomerangs and slingshots, of course. Being Jolly Olde England, there's always the trusty crossbows and longbows.????

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They do if facing possibility of home invasion by gangsters.

.303????????????????? That was WW2.

I was using one every year for range firing practice from 1960 until 1968 when the RAF was changing to the FN-SLR. The Lee Enfield was retired by the army around 1957.

The right to ho!d and hear arms cannot be infringed. The sale and usage can. Opportunist purchases will be restricted, whereas a planned purchase can still go ahead. The stuff is off display, but available to buy.

To defend self, home and state. Hallelujah brothers. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

Go to any good internet search engine, type in the words "gun stolen unlocked car" and you will see why it is so easy for criminals to get weapons.

People too stupid to properly secure their weapons shouldn't have weapons.

Only Trump supporters

19 hours ago, Sujo said:

Why, is it the only place that sells?

Good to see some social responsibility.

Yes, well said.  Everyone carries on about how difficult it would be to take away the guns in the US but if corporate citizens acted in this way then it would be a lot easier.  Sure there would be a black market but eventually they would be gone.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I would think, still at Walmart, since they're still selling...

Unless, Walmart knowing the clientele you mention, has figured that they're not crafty enough to think to ASK for their supplies if they don't see them on the shelves???

:biggrin:

They have to be able to construct a sentence to be able to ask first, not just pointing and grunting. :wai:

• Haha 1