Walmart pulls firearms, ammunition from U.S. store floors as civil unrest flares

webfact

1 minute ago, car720 said:

Yes, well said.  Everyone carries on about how difficult it would be to take away the guns in the US but if corporate citizens acted in this way then it would be a lot easier.  Sure there would be a black market but eventually they would be gone.

However the gun and ammunition sale is a significant part of the American economy, as is the manufacture of all armaments. For a country founded on freedom of religion they sure sell a lot of things able to kill off themselves and the rest of the world. How christian

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They do if facing possibility of home invasion by gangsters.

.303????????????????? That was WW2.

The .303 was referenced in the post I replied to.  It is an excellent bolt action rifle with a long military history, but not optimized for home defense.

How is a high capacity semi-automatic rifle with the penetrating power to endanger neighbors behind doors and walls a superior form of "gangster" defense?  How often do such gangster raids occur?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, polpott said:

Vietnam. And guess who won?

I specified conflicts since the end of the cold war because during the cold war serious conflicts always drew in serious outside interference. 

Forty years since the collapse of the Soviet Union should provide examples of armed civilians defending themselves against tyranny.  I'm not aware of any such examples.  However I am aware of examples of governments using a few hotheads with guns to justify defending their tyrannical rule by unleashing their military on protesters.

The Second Amendment no longer defends against tyranny.  The First Amendment does.  Dictators are more afraid of protesters holding smart phones than guns.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, car720 said:

Yes, well said.  Everyone carries on about how difficult it would be to take away the guns in the US but if corporate citizens acted in this way then it would be a lot easier.  Sure there would be a black market but eventually they would be gone.

The drug dealers and criminals are terrified of corporate citizens,what a great idea.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

The .303 was referenced in the post I replied to.  It is an excellent bolt action rifle with a long military history, but not optimized for home defense.

How is a high capacity semi-automatic rifle with the penetrating power to endanger neighbors behind doors and walls a superior form of "gangster" defense?  How often do such gangster raids occur?

Ever been a victim of a " gangster invadion"? Would love to hear what occured.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

The right to ho!d and hear arms cannot be infringed. The sale and usage can. Opportunist purchases will be restricted, whereas a planned purchase can still go ahead. The stuff is off display, but available to buy.

To defend self, home and state. Hallelujah brothers. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

And keep your pecker hard and your powder dry.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Re your quote,a .303 Lee Enfield has far more penetration than semi auto "assault weapons" such as the ar 15 that's .223 or the ak47 that's 7.62x 39 as do most American hunting rifles.

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Re your quote,a .303 Lee Enfield has far more penetration than semi auto "assault weapons" such as the ar 15 that's .223 or the ak47 that's 7.62x 39 as do most American hunting rifles.

In NZ we used SLR 7.62 rifles, but later started using M16 5.56mm rifle. While the M16 was nicer to carry being lighter, it was apparent on the firing range that the M16 was not as effective as the SLR when it came to penetration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

The drug dealers and criminals are terrified of corporate citizens,what a great idea.

There will be drug dealers and criminals long after guns are gone.  Most countries still have them but no guns.

• Confused 1

We have a glock and shotgun for home defense if ever needed witch I doubt I also have 2 bolt actions a 30ot6 and a 22 hornet for hunting (I don’t hunt anymore)I took my semi auto to my chop saw in solidarity with the kids at parkland high school I don’t need a war weapon all of my guns are kept in a safe responsible manner be safe take care of each other don’t fall into the paranoid bs

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, car720 said:

There will be drug dealers and criminals long after guns are gone.  Most countries still have them but no guns.

They all but banned hand gun ownership in the uk( apart from northern ire!and ) the criminals have no trouble obtaining them illegally however.

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

We have a glock and shotgun for home defense if ever needed witch I doubt I also have 2 bolt actions a 30ot6 and a 22 hornet for hunting (I don’t hunt anymore)I took my semi auto to my chop saw in solidarity with the kids at parkland high school I don’t need a war weapon all of my guns are kept in a safe responsible manner be safe take care of each other don’t fall into the paranoid bs

Better to have them and not need them,than need them and not have them.

10 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

No issue. At that time you would have been a member of and been training with a, “well regulated militia...”

The Constition was ratified in 1787. When the colonies ran off the Brits, it was just the people and their guns.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How quick can you get them out if you're attacked?

The whole point about 'home defense' is to be able to grab a loaded gun with a seconds notice.

Obviously if you,'re into home defence your residence should have decent security

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The Constition was ratified in 1787. When the colonies ran off the Brits, it was just the people and their guns.

Don't tell the French, Dutch, Spanish that they had nothing to do with this ... they will be so dismayed. Thanks for the history lesson but I think you did not look at my profile?

9 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

The right to ho!d and hear arms cannot be infringed. The sale and usage can. Opportunist purchases will be restricted, whereas a planned purchase can still go ahead. The stuff is off display, but available to buy.

To defend self, home and state. Hallelujah brothers. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

When you get the wording right, it might merit a reply. (Hint: Google "Second Amendment")

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

43 minutes ago, kingdong said:

They all but banned hand gun ownership in the uk( apart from northern ire!and ) the criminals have no trouble obtaining them illegally however.

They have a great deal of trouble obtaining them and if caught in possession the penalties are severe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnray said:

If feel sorry for these people.  Is there a way I can donate to their country?

Your view isn't very widely shared...

By a wide margin, the U.S. has more immigrants than any other country in the world. As of 2015, the United Nations estimates that 46.6 million people living in the United States were not born there. This means that about one-in-five international migrants (19%) live in the U.S. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/18/5-facts-about-the-u-s-rank-in-worldwide-migration/

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Obviously if you,'re into home defence your residence should have decent security

Absolutely. The means to stop the outside doors being forced easily are available and are quite easily installed.

Also one should have a safe room that is designed so the intruders are slowed down enough that one is able to get the weapons out of the gun safe before they can enter it.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Well, so much for that!

Walmart returning displays of guns, ammo to stores, reversing decision prompted by mounting civil unrest

So, at the end of the day, Walmart got a boatload of free publicity, and got the word out that they sell guns and ammo.

And fired the Social Justice Manager ????????????

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How quick can you get them out if you're attacked?

The whole point about 'home defense' is to be able to grab a loaded gun with a seconds notice.

Trigger locks they aren’t in a safe I keep the glock ready to go safely tucked away in the nightstand drawer it gets locked when we have company we are responsible most folks have no idea we have them it’s not something we talk about or obsess about 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Absolutely. The means to stop the outside doors being forced easily are available and are quite easily installed.

Also one should have a safe room that is designed so the intruders are slowed down enough that one is able to get the weapons out of the gun safe before they can enter it.

What a way to live your life. Jeez.

• Like 1