Walmart pulls firearms, ammunition from U.S. store floors as civil unrest flares

webfact

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

The only weapons mentioned are a shotgun and, in the liquor store, a revolver.  No assault rifles.

I think you get the point...and my original post referenced a concealed gun not an assault rifle.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

59 minutes ago, Tug said:

We have a glock and shotgun for home defense if ever needed witch I doubt I also have 2 bolt actions a 30ot6 and a 22 hornet for hunting (I don’t hunt anymore)I took my semi auto to my chop saw in solidarity with the kids at parkland high school I don’t need a war weapon all of my guns are kept in a safe responsible manner be safe take care of each other don’t fall into the paranoid bs

Should come in handy when you open the safe and find a burgler in there.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

Trigger locks they aren’t in a safe I keep the glock ready to go safely tucked away in the nightstand drawer it gets locked when we have company we are responsible most folks have no idea we have them it’s not something we talk about or obsess about 

Hope you keep a round chambered.

9 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

Where I live there are no cops at night, which is when bad stuff is more likely to happen. Nearest cops 1/2 hour away.

Policing seems to be along the lines of making a report about the next day. Too bad for the victim.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I just talked with my son back home... he reports can still get 9mm but 5.56 is hard to get now... 223 and 300 blackout (7.62×35mm) in limited supplies at the remaining gun shops.

The less the better.  Most don't know how to handle weapons properly.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

The less the better.  Most don't know how to handle weapons properly.

In America handling a weapon is in the DNA. Often times this is in fact the problem... when they go psycho and shoot up the place. Don't forget, it is not just the psychos that create trouble, there are other forces at play (work). 

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

Re your quote,a .303 Lee Enfield has far more penetration than semi auto "assault weapons" such as the ar 15 that's .223 or the ak47 that's 7.62x 39 as do most American hunting rifles.

The point of my post was that neither are suitable for home defense in an urban area.  What is your point?

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I know three people who have accidentally shot themselves.  I don't know anyone who has used a gun in self-defense.

What are you saying...stupid people should control the rights of others? I might also suggest acquiring a better class of acquaintances (or at least wear body armor around them) ????????????

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Agreed.  In fact, firearms training should be mandatory for all gun owners.  Don't you agree?

Not necessarily...nothing about mandatory training in the Second Amendment. It's certainly a good idea and I would encourage any gun owner to have it, however.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Was it last year the NRA ran a "Gun Safety Day"?

Seven people died from gunshot wounds at these events.

Nobody, apart from the armed forces, 'needs' to possess a gun.

Any stats on the number of people dying of gunshots if these training days weren't held...my intuition says a lot more.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not necessarily...nothing about mandatory training in the Second Amendment. It's  certainly a good idea and I would encourage any gun owner to have it, however.

Don't go down that rabbit hold of the 2A.  Nothing about ordinary citizens having the right to carry weapons only.  It mentions militias.  Not 3 men in a Dodge pickup cruising around.

• Like 2

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/statistical-life/201701/the-true-odds-shooting-bad-guy-gun

States with more guns see more accidental deaths from firearms, and children ages 5 to 14 are 11 times more likely to be killed with a gun in the US compared to other developed countries, where gun ownership is much less common. About half of gun accident fatalities happen to people under 25, and some recent analyses suggest that the official count of gun accident deaths among children is understated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/statistical-life/201701/the-true-odds-shooting-bad-guy-gun

States with more guns see more accidental deaths from firearms, and children ages 5 to 14 are 11 times more likely to be killed with a gun in the US compared to other developed countries, where gun ownership is much less common. About half of gun accident fatalities happen to people under 25, and some recent analyses suggest that the official count of gun accident deaths among children is understated.

I think the error you are making is trying to use facts, data and reasoned arguments.......these don't work with NRA loons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Don't go down that rabbit hold of the 2A.  Nothing about ordinary citizens having the right to carry weapons only.  It mentions militias.  Not 3 men in a Dodge pickup cruising around.

The Supreme Court has already ruled the right to bear arms is an individual, not collective (as in a state militia) one. (Don't feel bad...you're only 12 years behind the times.) I do admire your chutzpah, however: "Don't go down the rabbit hol[e] of the [Second Amendment]," i.e., "Constitution...we don't need no stinkin' Constitution."

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark decision of the US Supreme Court ruling that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, unconnected with service in a militia, for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The Supreme Court has already ruled the right to bear arms is an individual, not collective (as in a state militia) one. (Don't feel bad...you're only 12 years behind the times.) I do admire your chutzpah, however: "Don't go down the rabbit hol[e] of the [Second Amendment]," i.e., "Constitution...we don't need no stinkin' Constitution."

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark decision of the US Supreme Court ruling that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, unconnected with service in a militia, for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

You missed the point.  But that's OK. A majority of Americans are FOR stricter gun control.  Anyway, the 2A was written in what century?  Don't feel bad, you're only referencing something written 200 years ago when all they had were flint locks. ????

Interesting read.  I'm guessing you skipped over most of the article? ????

It also stated that the right to bear arms is not unlimited and that guns and gun ownership would continue to be regulated. I

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 2

But the point in question was your statement that the Second Amendment is a collective right (being in an organized state militia) and I correctly pointed out the Supreme Court has definitively ruled otherwise. There was no other point to the post I was responding to. If you disagree with the S-Ct's ruling that's one thing (and perfectly alright), but to go around saying gun ownership in America is only a collective right is plain wrong.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of removed post deleted
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You missed the point.  But that's OK. A majority of Americans are FOR stricter gun control.  Anyway, the 2A was written in what century?  Don't feel bad, you're only referencing something written 200 years ago when all they had were flint locks. ????

Interesting read.  I'm guessing you skipped over most of the article? ????

It also stated that the right to bear arms is not unlimited and that guns and gun ownership would continue to be regulated. I

A majority of Americans were against interracial marriage and against school desegregation too...do we make Constitutional law based on polls or on what the Constitution says? Maybe you would prefer we go back to the caveman days when all there is to regulate are clubs?

Whether or not the right to bear arms is limited or not is a hotly contested question. The current S-Ct. interpretation is that guns may be regulated but of course we know this can change. The anti-gun members of the Court is shrinking (thank you President Trump) and there are many cases in the pipeline challenging various city and state gun laws and regulations as overbroad and unconstitutional. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1