In swing state Florida, Trump and Biden host contrasting rallies

webfact

28 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You must watch Fox News or read Breitbart.  Perhaps InfoWars?

As for rallies, Trump may be killing people with them.  New study here:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/523789-18-trump-rallies-have-led-to-30k-cases-700-deaths-stanford-university

18 Trump rallies have led to 30,000 COVID-19 cases: Stanford University study

No reference? Some facts from Al-Jazeera not in 'The Hill'

the report by Stanford economics department researchers examined COVID-19 infection rates in 18 places across the country where Trump held campaign rallies between June 20 and September 30.

Amesh Adalja, an infectious diseases expert at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, described the report as “suggestive”. “I would just say it’s suggestive but hard to completely isolate the specific impact of one event without robust contact trace data from the cases,” Adalja told Reuters News Agency.

No doubt the rallies would have led to cases, but no more than all the other contact between America's 320,000,000 residents. Cases are rising everywhere. Europe has gone ballistic.

Jeez, even Al-Jazeera can tell the truth.

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

the report by Stanford economics department researchers examined COVID-19 infection rates in 18 places across the country where Trump held campaign rallies between June 20 and September 30.

Amesh Adalja, an infectious diseases expert at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, described the report as “suggestive”. “I would just say it’s suggestive but hard to completely isolate the specific impact of one event without robust contact trace data from the cases,” Adalja told Reuters News Agency.

No doubt the rallies would have led to cases, but no more than all the other contact between America's 320,000,000 residents. Cases are rising everywhere. Europe has gone ballistic.

No reference?  The link is in the article.

As for the other 320 million citizens.  Concerts are canceled.  Sporting events.  Etc, etc, etc.  So why is Trump allowed to do his large rallies, in direct defiance of local laws?

Hard to argue with the premise of the study.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rabas said:

It stands to reason that maskless people standing close together shouting as hard as they can will lead to more infections than average behaviour.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It stands to reason that maskless people standing close together shouting as hard as they can will lead to more infections than average behaviour.

And infections lead to deaths in this case.  And they are being held in violation of local laws. 

Trump should be head accountable for this.  And sadly, it's all being done with our money.  Sucks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And infections lead to deaths in this case.  And they are being held in violation of local laws. 

Trump should be head accountable for this.  And sadly, it's all being done with our money.  Sucks.

It may sound callous but essentially its Darwin's law at work , the weak (minded ) are being thinned out.

The irony is of course that the exercise is utterly futile, Trump is simply preaching to the converted , no votes gained yet a number of votes lost from those now in hospital or dead.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Please. Jamming together large crowds of mostly maskless people poses a significanly greater than do most other forms of social contact.

9 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Trump has locked up FL as well as other swing states.

Final results IMO Trump will win with 320 electoral votes and will win the popular vote by 2 million.

You read that on InfoWars? Too funny.  But having dreams is a good thing.  I guess.

23 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Trump has locked up FL as well as other swing states.

Final results IMO Trump will win with 320 electoral votes and will win the popular vote by 2 million.

With the vagaries of the US system there is a slight possibility that Trump could steal another election.

Bear in mind though that only 5 presidents have been elected whilst losing the popular vote and 2016 was by far the biggest aberration, previously a 500,000 deficit held the record.

All indications ( polls , bookmakers , independent analysts) suggest Biden wins the popular vote by perhaps 5 million this time , that takes some beating.

Could they all be wrong , yes , but I would sooner side with the professionals rather than rely on a biased individual who has nothing but wishful thinking to support his assertion.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

With the vagaries of the US system there is a slight possibility that Trump could steal another election.

Bear in mind though that only 5 presidents have been elected whilst losing the popular vote and 2016 was by far the biggest aberration, previously a 500,000 deficit held the record.

All indications ( polls , bookmakers , independent analysts) suggest Biden wins the popular vote by perhaps 5 million this time , that takes some beating.

Could they all be wrong , yes , but I would sooner side with the professionals rather than rely on a biased individual who has nothing but wishful thinking to support his assertion.

Seems PA is the big ticket this time.  If Biden wins there, game over.  If Trump wins, he's still go to win several other states.  Not an easy path for Trump.  Luckily.

On 10/30/2020 at 12:04 PM, Kelsall said:

It's over.  Trump wins.  Biden might as well pack it up and move into the home. 

Did you see last week, Biden forgot Trump's name? Unbelievable how anyone thinks he is fit to be a president.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you see last week, Biden forgot Trump's name? Unbelievable how anyone thinks he is fit to be a president.

Covfefe anyone? ????

Google this, and watch the videos.  Get back to me when you are done.  And you complain about Biden?  Stunning.

"trump gaffes video speech"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Covfefe anyone? ????

Google this, and watch the videos.  Get back to me when you are done.  And you complain about Biden?  Stunning.

"trump gaffes video speech"

No idea what you're on about. Do you think calling Trump 'George' is OK, one week before the election? Not just that, he realized after he said it but couldn't remember his real name! 

48 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No idea what you're on about. Do you think calling Trump 'George' is OK, one week before the election? Not just that, he realized after he said it but couldn't remember his real name! 

Don't be so one sided.  Google that and watch Trump make huge mistakes.  Like calling Nepal and Bhutan "Nipple and Button".

Right.  No mental issues with Trump! ????????????

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Don't be so one sided.  Google that and watch Trump make huge mistakes.  Like calling Nepal and Bhutan "Nipple and Button".

Right.  No mental issues with Trump! ????????????

I am certainly not one sided. I have no horse in this race, I am not voting. If you can't see anything wrong with Biden calling Donald 'George', let's just leave it there. What disturbs me is how this video was seen on none of the main news channels as it if monumental importance. 

If you haven't seen it google "Joe Biden mixes up Donald Trump with George Bush"

Edited by Neeranam

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am certainly not one sided. I have no horse in this race, I am not voting. If you can't see anything wrong with Biden calling Donald 'George', let's just leave it there. What disturbs me is how this video was seen on none of the main news channels as it if monumental importance. 

If you haven't seen it google "Joe Biden mixes up Donald Trump with George Bush"

Typical Trump supporter.  Ignore the facts, deflect, and bash others.  Typical.

Biden would never be my first choice.  Trump would for sure be at the bottom of the list.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Typical Trump supporter.  Ignore the facts, deflect, and bash others.  Typical.

Biden would never be my first choice.  Trump would for sure be at the bottom of the list.

Obviously you haven't watched the video, have you?

What facts am I ignoring?

I am NOT a Trump supporter! I hate the guy. Why do you have to assume if one thinks Biden is unfit, one  must support Trump? 

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am NOT a Trump supporter! I hate the guy. Why do you have to assume if one thinks Biden is unfit, one  must support Trump? 

I did.  Did you watch the ones I referenced?  Fair is fair. 

Again, I'm no fan of Biden.  But Trump is way worse. 

57 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I did.  Did you watch the ones I referenced?  Fair is fair. 

Again, I'm no fan of Biden.  But Trump is way worse. 

Yes, but I disagree. One makes mistakes, one is senile and incompetent. Well maybe both are incompetent. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Another I-don't-like-Trump-but poster. Might be a tad more convincing if you unloaded on Trump once in a while. Should be easy given that you hate him.

Or just possibly you're "concern trolling"?

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Both are at that age of senility but only Trump is incompetent. All his former advisers said so. 

No, Biden is a few years ahead. Trump could be a good president for another 4 years but Biden would be lucky if he lasted 1 year. Mind you, the plan is obviously to replace him if he wins. 

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, Biden is a few years ahead. Trump could be a good president for another 4 years but Biden would be lucky if he lasted 1 year. Mind you, the plan is obviously to replace him if he wins. 

You hate Trump but he could be a good president?

• Like 1

What the freak?  Trump has been a horrible President for 4 years.  He's not going to suddenly change and become a good president if given another 4 years.  I'd taken Biden for one year over Trump for any amount of time. 

How so with Trump’s full senility in display. He is morbidly obese, incoherent, problems with pronunciations, wandered around and loses attention and focus rapidly. You sure you not sucking up to Trump in spite of his physical and mental challenges. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Tim Apple.