TAT predicts 11 million tourists from China/East Asia in 2021 - targets "Singles' Day" sales packages

webfact

So will this mean that Thais or we long term visitors here will be able to visit any of those 5 countries mentioned without, or at least with less restrictions? This last year has been the first in 57 years that I haven't had a holiday.

I need a change of scenery and the  4 days I've just had down in the south at a funeral doesn't count. But as sad occasions go it was quite good fun. The west need to learn a thing or two about wakes.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Packages would be advance payments for later visits.

Paying in advance for a holiday that you may - or may not - be able to take sometime in the future?

Yup, that surely will sell like hotcakes with the Chinese.

How did you land YOUR job, Khun Chattan? Thanks to your enormous marketing expertise merit... or simply because you have the "right" surname?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He outlined three "hypotheses" that would see tourists starting to return this November, next March and next July.

Now I know what TAT stands for

'Total Ass Talk'

What a waste of Government money.

Keeping themselves busy in a job that is not there anymore. COVID has wiped tourism of the face of the map for now and well into 2021-2.

As for someone paying for a trip on 11.11 that they don't know when they will take it? You may a well sign up for a trip to the moon.

Still seats left I'm told. Possible Discount on 11.11 too.

image.png.c1929ca5127556a879c7abf80868dec4.png

https://spaceadventures.com/ 

image.png.9f2f0a249dd4c33e65996a3be12b0401.png

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He outlined three "hypotheses" that would see tourists starting to return this November, next March and next July

Much would depend on whether the Chinese government ban international travel at Chinese New Year in February. July was targeted as a good time because many Chinese travel then due to the school holidays. 

From TAT stating already now about opening Thailand for their Chinese brothers only in July 2021, you can conclude that we Westerners probably can forget that they will let us in before 2022. They or their Chinese buddies don't want us in Thailand anymore. Is it their plan to establish Thailand as an exclusive destination for Chinese tourists? And also, either they don't believe in a vaccine anymore, or they don't care about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

11th November is Armistice Day, when everyone, including Thai people, many of them working on the Thai Burma Railway,  should be remembering those that served and millions that died in WW2. Not some bloody stupid Chinese holiday for desperate singles.

11/11 -Singles Day The biggest online sales promotion in the world, billions in sales.