TAT predicts 11 million tourists from China/East Asia in 2021 - targets "Singles' Day" sales packages

webfact

My sides are hurting I can’t stop ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

TAT can predict all that it likes, but if China keeps its ban on overseas tourism then no-one will be coming.

On tour groups only. Tour groups, when a group of people get together and travel as one body, a tour group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Of this group he predicted 7.45 million Chinese,

Hard to believe. But the Eisenhower administration and Thai government were so concerned about the Chinese pouring down into Thailand through Laos in the 1950s that an emergency air evacuation was put on ready standby for a certain important Thai family.

Until vaccinations and immunity passports are widespread all the talk about tourism recovery is a bowl full of flaming hopium.  <pffftttt>

And then even with vaccinations, with half the world's dictators leaders signalling to the unwashed Covid-infected masses through the main-stream media that autocratic "new normal" controls meant to repress all public assembly as well at to limit public movement - in the name of "keeping you safe" - may be in place for years to come.

Tourism in the "new normal" will be a rather limp and pathetic caricature of the past.  The new normal will be "stay at home", "keep your masks on", "don't socialize", "don't travel", "Do the right thing obey conform submit", yada, yada, yada.

Tourism is "old normal" and old normal is oh so passe as well as in the past.  Kiss it goodbye and look for other industries to generate replacement revenue.

This will be the "New Normal Thai Sexy" as bargirls and others in the tourism sector find different professions. 

Image2.jpg.69843031a679f72760ee5aa5ba5b0d60.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Packages would be advance payments for later visits.

The unofficial Chinese holiday is the largest shopping day both in physical and online retail in the world, notes Wikipedia. 

Packages would be sold to people that could be used at Chinese New Year and if this is not possible they could be changed for free to another date in the future.

Image2.jpg.c8bd9ae86cc92235c198ce8fad1702a7.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I don't know which saying is funnier on TV, "TAT predicts" or "Anutin says" ? ????????????

Cheers  to that!  Very difficult choice, but I think I would have to go with "TAT predicts" because they've been doing it for longer, and "Anutin says" a lot of things that don't make me laugh - they just make me angry!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Muzzique said:

Now I know what TAT stands for

'Total Ass Talk'

What a waste of Government money.

Keeping themselves busy in a job that is not there anymore. COVID has wiped tourism of the face of the map for now and well into 2021-2.

As for someone paying for a trip on 11.11 that they don't know when they will take it? You may a well sign up for a trip to the moon.

Still seats left I'm told. Possible Discount on 11.11 too.

image.png.c1929ca5127556a879c7abf80868dec4.png

https://spaceadventures.com/ 

image.png.9f2f0a249dd4c33e65996a3be12b0401.png

I can get that weightless feeling in the local swimming pool for 80 baht.

In my opinion, it is statements like this that are holding people back from changing life style. The people believe TAT and say 'only a few months and tourists will come back. Let's hold on.' I saw some friends in Nongbualamphu earlier this week and apparently the province is considering building a new large hotel somewhere, ready for tourists arriving next year. Even if there are more Chinese I don't think it will be that province they will head for. Sad.

The rhetoric is changing.  

It appears that they are finally downgrading their forecasts (although still hilariously implausible) and have placed in there "if China allows Chinese to travel".  

Does anyone see how they are slowly bringing the Thai into the realization that 2021 will most likely be  a repeat of 2020?