Motorbike Insurance

lelapin

I can't recommend any as I use Global (across from the Big C on Pattaya Tai).

There are a number of small (shophouse) insurance brokers scattered around the Darkside. Seems most major sois (Siam Country Club, Nern Plerb Wan, Boonsamphan/Khao Noi, Khao Talo and Chaiyapruek 2) have at least one.

Many don't have websites or even Facebook pages and, knowing Google, some may not even be there anymore. Some double as travel agents.

Pretty much all of them though will be selling policies from Thai Sri Insurance. It seems no matter which broker I go through, I always end up with a Thai Sri insurance policy.

If it's a price issue, I'd suggest getting a quote from a couple different places (but you may have to go in person if they don't have a website/facebook page) and some may not have English speaking staff.

I think some of the Vehicle Inspection places may also be able to do Class 1/2/3 insurance (or have connections with a place that does). I was asked at one place if I wanted 3rd Party insurance as well as the mandatory coverage but I already had an existing policy so didn't bother asking for a quote.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

Could you please tell us about the prices?

Prices depend on size/type/age of the vehicle, the type of insurance (Class 1, 2 or 3), what kind of mark-up the broker adds on and if you've made any claims before.

I could tell you what I was quoted for Class 1 and 3 insurance on a 15 year old Harley but that wouldn't be the same price as on a 5 year old bike or the same price another broker might quote.
If you've made any claims against your insurance before, even if you weren't at fault for (whatever) then the Insurance company may increase your premiums to try and make back whatever they had to pay out before.

Try using this online quote thingy  ... it'll give you a rough Idea of the prices .. and if you think it is reasonable buy it online   saves a lot of footwork

PS it might come up in Tha  if so just click the UK flag to right on the quote screen 

https://insure.roojai.com/motorbike/#/quotationInput

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1

I've been happy with AA Insure. I've never been in their office (they have offices in Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket) since I've always done it all through email, but as a broker they offer insurance from several companies. They also have English speakers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I've been happy with AA Insure. I've never been in their office (they have offices in Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket) since I've always done it all through email, but as a broker they offer insurance from several companies. They also have English speakers. 

Their office is in the same road (I think) as the broker Global that an earlier poster mentioned - small road runs parallel to Pattaya Tai with an entrance/exit to the Big C on Suk - so 2 brokers fairly convenient to the Dark Side. I think all the staff in the office speak English - I have used them for years.