Ratchaburi: Delivery driver reverses over neighbor's one year old boy - wais grieving relatives

webfact

Ratchaburi: Delivery driver reverses over neighbor's one year old boy - wais grieving relatives

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Muang Ratchaburi police were called to a narrow soi in Moo 6 opposite a mall after a Kewpie delivery driver reversed over a one year old boy. 

Khanathip or "Nong Ae", one year 10 months, had his head crushed under the left rear wheel. 

His grieving relatives were cradling the lifeless body of their little boy.

Suwat, 37, whose house is opposite the boy's, said he was a delivery driver for Kewpie who own a factory nearby.

He said he always took the greatest of care when reversing into his house as there are a lot of children in the soi.

But he clearly had not seen Nong Ae run out of his house. He was unable to see behind him.

His Isuzu has a container attachment on the back. 

He was sorry and accepted it was his fault. He apologized to the relatives with a "wai" promising all the help he could give. 

The police took him away for prosecution. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-30

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Prosecuted for what?

That implies that they have already determined that he was at fault as opposed to this simply being a tragic accident.

That sounds hard to believe.

Its standard to prosecute the guy, does not mean guilty or anything. Means an investigation. I think its the same in other countries. They take you at least in for questioning and making sure they know what happened. A kid lost its life so some investigation is needed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its standard to prosecute the guy, does not mean guilty or anything. Means an investigation. I think its the same in other countries. They take you at least in for questioning and making sure they know what happened. A kid lost its life so some investigation is needed. 

Then they should have said investigation. Of course it should be investigated. Prosecution definitely implies that they have already decided to charge him. Maybe this is just another lost in translation type thing.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Then they should have said investigation. Of course it should be investigated. Prosecution definitely implies that they have already decided to charge him. Maybe this is just another lost in translation type thing.

Quite possible i get used to it, besides newspapers even in my country are never truly accurate in their reporting. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

How does anyone expect a Thai driver to see anything in reverse ????Rip

How does anyone expect a Thai driver to see anything in reverse   ? RIP

• Like 1

I strongly believe that for the driver it was impossible to see the boy, neither through the rear window nor through the mirrors. The boy was too little. Such tragic accidents show how usefull rear cameras and beepers with sensors in the bumbers are to warn the driver while reversing. They should be mandatory.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Prosecuted for what?

That implies that they have already determined that he was at fault as opposed to this simply being a tragic accident.

Agreed death by mis-adventure.

Blame is proportional, who in the hell allows a 10 month old baby to run around un-supervised with access to a Soi?

so, the relatives were around to grieve for the child but not there to watch out for and care about the child, so typical, probably busy gossiping or talking about how many baht so and so paid for such and such.  They should be ashamed that this happened withing their "watch".

On 10/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, Jingthing said:

Prosecuted for what?

Yes indeed, my thought as well - a very tragic accident, in my opinion, whilst reversing towards his own house. RIP young lad

On 10/30/2020 at 9:51 AM, webfact said:

He was sorry and accepted it was his fault.

I struggle to see this as being the fault of the driver, not completely the fault. 

The parents are also wholly complicit in this tragic incident. 

Who let a 1 year 10 month old child craw / walk around on a dirt road ????

I’m reluctant to call them careers as they failed in the most basic duty of care and supervision. 

This isn’t the first time, we see extremely young kids playing bear roads and khlongs all the time - the duty of care is often so absent, so tragic.