Muslims have 'right to punish' French, says Malaysia's Mahathir

webfact

5 hours ago, polpott said:

Is it? Its the answer. You will never see a physical depiction of Mohammed by a moslem. They don't exist.

Again, not an answer. What is the reason for it, and why are people being killed over it? Seems overly sensitive, and a bit extreme to many of us. 

There is no place in the Koran that says you can't depict the Prophet. According to Gruber, the only mentions in the Koran that come remotely close to this kind of prohibition are a series of verses that castigate idols and idol-worshipping.

Gruber says the issue goes back to what the Koran says about worshipping idols. "If we talk about the Prophet, we have to use language and this language becomes allegorical," she says. "If we have images before our eyes, they become more literal."

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-01-15/you-cant-draw-muhammad-unless-youre-one-many-muslim-artists-who-did

10 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

All immigrants and refugees given a home in a foreign country must obey that countries rules. No need to give them or their offspring citizenship. If they commit a criminal offence then show them and their family the door. They are guests purely and simply. They should not have any rights other than basic human rights. They must earn their rights! If its not to their liking, then they should stay put where they originated.

Why even let them in?

Why not take them all out now - as their brutality is evident and praised by their leaders?

Sorry for the decent muslims - but political correctness is not always helpful

• Like 2

38 people including 30 British holiday makers were massacred on a Tunisian beach in 2015. I find it very odd that this event is hardly talked about in the British media. 

Any Tunisians roaming around Europe seeking 'asylum' ought to be rounded up. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ventenio said:

This is why 13 is bad luck, and why they created "Friday the 13th" in America.  

True?  Of course not.  

I read the whole thing.....appreciate it.  I kind of knew everything except about this 13th Imam.  That was interesting.  

13th Imam is a Shiite concept. Sunni interpretation (it's not referenced in the Koran)...

The Mahdi (Arabic: ٱلْمَهْدِيّ‎, ISO 233: al-mahdīy, meaning "the Rightly Guided One" is an eschatological Messianic figure who, according to Islamic belief, will appear at the end of times to rid the world of evil and injustice. In Muslim traditions, it is said that he will appear alongside Jesus Christ and establish the Divine kingdom of God. His reign will last 6, 7 or 9 years according to different sources. [1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, polpott said:

Yes I assumed that they must have thought that I was American. After talking to me for several minutes, they asked me where I was from. I said England and they immediately turned away and did't speak another word. They wouldn't even look at me.

Probably associating you with the old British Empire and it's atrocities which IMO was wrong. I would never hold anything against, ie a German, why should I? I wasn't even born during WW2.

23 hours ago, John Drake said:

Might not be too safe to be a white person in Malaysia, French or not. This guy just said it is open season on them. How many British still think it's better to retire to Malaysia than Thailand?

Only a few minutes may now happen that Thailand also decides this, who know ?

• Confused 1

Mahathir says remarks on French attacks taken out of context

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mahathir-says-remarks-french-attacks-101516795.html

I'm not sure this 'explanation' would fare much better. Maybe even aggravate comments and views regarding his words. Either way, one would expect (yes, I know...) people of influence to be a tad more careful with their words.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not sure this 'explanation' would fare much better. Maybe even aggravate comments and views regarding his words. Either way, one would expect (yes, I know...) people of influence to be a tad more careful with their words.

Macron's words taken out of context. 

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

france need to reopen devils island and have their own GITMO to house these killers for good as they are never likely to stop beheading locals

...to house these killers for good?

Utter waste of resources...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Morch said:

The leaders are putting a lot.of pressure on him to just apologise.

3 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

In some areas you can see a mosque every two kilometers. I'd say huge parts of the south are Muslim dominated. 

in some villages it's more like every 500 meters a mosque but no grocery stores 555,..... but mostly friendly people

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thanks 1

Just now, teacherclaire said:

How do we know how friendly they are if we are considered pigs?

the ones I know don't judge us by religion, some they invite me for their relatives muslim weddings without any problem and I have a visible neck chain with a cross on it, I really only see some problems with them when going completely down south, to the provinces bordering Malaysia (Satun, Narathiwat), otherwise all ok

• Like 1

what some of the countries (Malaysia, Bangladesh, Turkey/Erdogan, etc..) criticizing France & Charllie Hebdo they don't know/remember that Charlie Hebdo also made cartoons depicting Christianity/Christian figures as well as many different political leaders, actors/actresses, it's not a big deal for us, it's part of our culture, freedom of speech/opinion, we like to have  fun and enjoy life

From experience, I'd say Moslems are some of the politest people you could hope to meet, unless something touches on their religion; then they act totally irrationally. Religion is part of their core identity, I suppose. Like, I used to share an office with a very intelligent Moslem woman, who was as nice a pie, until she discovered what she thought was ham on her supposedly pork free plzza, talk about going ballistic. Another little story, during our induction we were asked to name our hero, one of those dumb questions recruiters are so fond of, she said her husband - whooa girl, that's a big responsibility. I don't want to be anybody's hero. I'm a frail human being, just like you. 

28 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

How do we know how friendly they are if we are considered pigs?

Off Topic, but hopefully Mod will permit.

Do you know any Thai Muslims? - I think not. May be you have been served by Thai Muslims and were completely unaware they were Muslim e.g. many Thai people working on the beaches doing massage and so on are Muslim. Most people who live / lived in Thailand say Thai Muslims are predominantly friendly and honest, FYI Thai Muslims compose roughly 5% of the Thai population and reside throughout Thailand.

• Like 2