How To Block Someone On New Interface?

Pattaya Spotter

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Hover your cursor over their avatar until their details pop up. at the bottom you'll see the 'ignore user' option. Click on that and it will take you to your 'ignore users' page. Tick the details you want and save.

I do it a lot. ????

This method can't be done on mobile devices I guess...no way to "hover" a finger ????

14 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

This method can't be done on mobile devices I guess...no way to "hover" a finger ????

True. I didn't think of that as I don't use the mobile app. But it looks like you got there anyway. ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If you are having a problem with someone use the report function, ignoring someone will not stop you seeing their post if someone else quotes it.

Moderators are always on hand to assist if problems persist.

I don't mind seeing blocked members op's or engagement with other members. I just don't want them to be able to engage with my content. I think blocking them accomplishes this.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It doesn't.

If you add a member to your "ignored" list and select all options, including "posts" and "mentions," I assume I won't see their posts or their replies to any of mine. Is that correct? I don't really care if they can still see and reply to my posts if I don't see them.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

f you add a member to your "ignored" list and select all options, including "posts" and "mentions," I assume I won't see their posts or their replies to any of mine. Is that correct?

Correct.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I don't really care if they can still see and reply to my posts if I don't see them.

You'll get 80% of the way there then. Only time you'll see the person in questions posts will be if someone quotes them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

While we are here not looking to block anyone but where is the "My Activity" gone ?????

You have to go into your profile to access it now. "Improvement" seems to have a different definition to developers than to me :coffee1:  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I don't mind seeing blocked members op's or engagement with other members. I just don't want them to be able to engage with my content. I think blocking them accomplishes this.

Not. 

And this is your proof. 555

• 3 weeks later...

Can I stop a particular poster from sending me PMs?

If so how?

I do not want to use the "ignore" function  (which I do not really know how it works - any help there anyone?) as I really like reading the posters comments but do not want any interaction with it (the poster I mean!).

Edited by fangless
spelling

1 hour ago, fangless said:

Can I stop a particular poster from sending me PMs?

If so how?

I do not want to use the "ignore" function

See the bit above in this thread about 'hovering' over the user's avatar & clicking 'ignore user'; that lets you block 4 separate kinds of interaction with the user, including just PMs.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Using the ignore feature is a good method to reduce the rampant toxicity that’s allowed and taken over the forum. Though I don’t think it’s used enough by members. Unfortunately there’s no way to completely block a user which in my opinion would bring much more civility to the forum. Certainly hope the architects of the site would consider this option. 

• Thumbs Up 1