Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

Just went in for a better xray... it seems the root is broken and we will have to extract the tooth, rear molar... then what? 

Get it removed. The bone takes a few months to heal. The implant is your only choice now if you want.to eat on that side. I'm at the dentist now as it happens. I Use the special clinic at Mahidol university dental hospital. You will need to make an appointment with an implant specialist. Maybe your dentist can recommend someone. The price could be 60 to 80k depending on the materials and work needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

Just went in for a better xray... it seems the root is broken and we will have to extract the tooth, rear molar... then what? 

Up to you - leave it and live without or get an implant.

 

Is this wisdom tooth (3rd molar) or was that already extracted? Plenty of people live without their wisdom teeth.

 

The effect of not replacing an extracted tooth gone depends on the overall situation in your mouth (whether it means another tooth will then not have anything that it meets when you bite down, for instance, and how the spacing of other teeth may shift, and possible increased strain/pressure on some of them) Every case is different. Discuss with your dentist what the likely effect is for your mouth of not replacing it. That is certainly the cheapest option but you want to be sure it won't cause problems with the other teeth further down the line.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Up to you - leave it and live without or get an implant.

 

Is this wisdom tooth (3rd molar) or was that already extracted? Plenty of people live without their wisdom teeth.

 

The effect of not replacing an extracted tooth gone depends on the overall situation in your mouth (whether it means another tooth will then not have anything that it meets when you bite down, for instance, and how the spacing of other teeth may shift, and possible increased strain/pressure on some of them) Every case is different. Discuss with your dentist what the likely effect is for your mouth of not replacing it. That is certainly the cheapest option but you want to be sure it won't cause problems with the other teeth further down the line.

 

 

I'm thinking more stress would be placed on the adjacent teeth. The tooth next to one of my missing teeth has a filling and a part of that chipped. Presumably due to increased force on one part of the tooth. I can eat on that side though as it's not a molar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DavisH said:

I'm thinking more stress would be placed on the adjacent teeth. The tooth next to one of my missing teeth has a filling and a part of that chipped. Presumably due to increased force on one part of the tooth. I can eat on that side though as it's not a molar. 

Not replacing it will certainly increase stress on the tooth next to it. On the other hand, implant will be costly. Discuss with your dentist in detail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavisH said:

I'm thinking more stress would be placed on the adjacent teeth. The tooth next to one of my missing teeth has a filling and a part of that chipped. Presumably due to increased force on one part of the tooth. I can eat on that side though as it's not a molar. 

 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Not replacing it will certainly increase stress on the tooth next to it. On the other hand, implant will be costly. Discuss with your dentist in detail.

 

Thanks - I never had wisdom teeth... [that I know of] it is the very back lower molar and my dentist pretty much said that we should wait and see as there is a tooth above but we will need a month or more to heal from the extraction... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just recommend to do implants in Istanbul rather than here, if borders ever open up again soon, as TH isn't cheap at all. Even I heard that most implants do come from here at wholesale prices... Was quoted average 60K per implant here VS 25K over there on same quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I can just recommend to do implants in Istanbul rather than here, if borders ever open up again soon, as TH isn't cheap at all. Even I heard that most implants do come from here at wholesale prices... Was quoted average 60K per implant here VS 25K over there on same quality.

Thanks but after travel expenses and having no interest to travel to Turkey, it is in no way worth it for me... may not even need an implant... tooth comes out tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Thanks but after travel expenses and having no interest to travel to Turkey, it is in no way worth it for me... may not even need an implant... tooth comes out tomorrow

Good luck. Avoid eating on that side for a few weeks. You have a few months to think about an implant. I get mine finished in a couple of weeks. I will update about it then. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...