What to do if unable to pick up 'marriage extension'

I applied for an extension based on marriage at CW earlier this month and have to return mid-Nov for the result.

I've since been afflicted by a sciatica like condition which makes walking extremely painful

Doc prescribed some painkillers and said if not better within a week or so then surgery might be needed.

I was wondering if there would be any issues with my wife taking my passport along for the final stamp next month.

Would anything else be needed other than her ID? As a copy of her ID is in the application, that would seem to be enough.

But could also prepare doctor's letter, power of attorney etc.

Or would it be better to use an agent?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, minotaur said:

I applied for an extension based on marriage at CW earlier this month and have to return mid-Nov for the result.

I've since been afflicted by a sciatica like condition which makes walking extremely painful

Doc prescribed some painkillers and said if not better within a week or so then surgery might be needed.

I was wondering if there would be any issues with my wife taking my passport along for the final stamp next month.

Would anything else be needed other than her ID? As a copy of her ID is in the application, that would seem to be enough.

Thanks.

Nah, they won't care ........ the approval is just a rubber stamp.

I don't know anyone who hasn't been 'approved'.

She can phone them up and tell them she's coming with your passport, if you're worried.

14 minutes ago, minotaur said:

Thanks.

All I can say is when I picked up mine, at the moment I have big problems walking, my wife charged ahead of me and by the time I got sat down she had the passport back in her hand with the extension in it.

So, I would reckon the paperwork you say you can prepare might be enough.

Give the office a quick call just to be sure though.

23 hours ago, minotaur said:

Thanks.

You should have no problem with your wife picking it up for you. I don't think you need any doctors certificate no power of attorney. Just tell your wife to say you are sick

On 10/30/2020 at 12:52 PM, minotaur said:

Thanks.

My wife always picks up extention stamp alone, i only go to IO once a year the initial extension (and have never say a word) application after that she does it all, this is at Jomtien maybe different where you are!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived