60 day Extension on marriage chiangmai 30 December update

I can confirm chiangmai immigration by airport will update 60 day wife visa if submitted before September deadline for free to Dec 30 but this is last day.

Got there early after lunch, first there not a big queue.

Went in.

She knew exactly what I wantedjust by giving her my passport opened on page. 

I gave her copies of every page of passport and tm30.

Got passport back with November crossed out Dec 30 stamped in.

Hardly any people there hardly any staff, waited til after lunch, everyone seemed in a good mood. Man at the front spoke to me for half an hour telling me interesting opinions about immigration working there for 20 years.

All in all a good day.

• Like 1

Tourist visa cannot be extended

Chiang Mai has become a new country independent of Thailand and has become completely different from the policies of the Thai Immigration Department. Chiang Mai Immigration still requires a letter from the consulate to extend a tourist visa, and most embassies no longer issue letters.

Edited by ELMqgp

21 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I can confirm chiangmai immigration by airport will update 60 day wife visa if submitted before September deadline for free to Dec 30 but this is last day.

"For free" ?  As I understood it, we (those of us Non O types who bought a 60 day extension prior to the September 26 deadline) automatically got our stamp extended until end of December.  Are we meant to have been in to get this done?

41 minutes ago, snapperatlarge said:

"For free" ?  As I understood it, we (those of us Non O types who bought a 60 day extension prior to the September 26 deadline) automatically got our stamp extended until end of December.  Are we meant to have been in to get this done?

I couldn't be bothered and just applied for a 1 year extension on the end of my 60 day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snapperatlarge said:

Was planning same, in November before 26th, ....thinking I could push it into December with the change....but if we now have to pay to get it, then I will stick with plan A

Now they have stated the amnesty is over I would expect they will want you to do it ASAP.

New thread running on it.

Nipped up to CM immigration this morning. Pretty quiet. Presented my passport to the enquiry desk and asked for the stamp to be updated to 30 Dec (purchased a 60 day extension to my non-O multi mid September, valid from 27th until 26th November).  No problem.  24 baht to photocopy entire passport, no queue number, no fee, just a short wait and bingo, extension to the end of the year sorted.

This allows me to do my marriage extension and all future applications in December, which is a good time of year for me.