Quitting Teaching Job. What do I do?

Hey guys,

I am quitting my teaching job in Bangkok and was wondering what I am supposed to do? I have read online that before covid you had 24 hours to leave the country once you quit but obviously I can't just hop across the border into Laos to get my tourist visa. Any idea what I need to do? Does Visa amnesty cover me till Nov 30 and then hopefully keeps extending? Am I able to get a tourist visa while I am in the country? Has anyone had any experience with this during the Pandemic? 

Thanks a bunch guys, I am stressing quite a bit.  

• Haha 1

You cannot obtain tourist visa. 

You could have obtained a 60 day extension. 

Your in BKK and I think MTT is open tomorrow (Saturday) because last day of amnesty.

MTT is one imm office that is providing affidavit in place of embassy letter.

But seriously your asking this question on Oct 30!

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TexasDude said:

Hey guys,

I am quitting my teaching job in Bangkok and was wondering what I am supposed to do? I have read online that before covid you had 24 hours to leave the country once you quit but obviously I can't just hop across the border into Laos to get my tourist visa. Any idea what I need to do? Does Visa amnesty cover me till Nov 30 and then hopefully keeps extending? Am I able to get a tourist visa while I am in the country? Has anyone had any experience with this during the Pandemic? 

Thanks a bunch guys, I am stressing quite a bit.  

Seems you can get a visa extension in Phuket at the latest on 2 November without needing to leave the country. If I understand this article correctly:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1189863-phuket-immigration-agrees-to-change-visa-types-issue-extensions/?utm_source=newsletter-20201031-0631&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Get your new school and old school to coordinate transfer of the Non-B. I know teachers who have done this, already getting their new Non-B since about two months ago.

Don't have a new school? There's no shortage of them out there, dying for farang teachers who can't come in. Use this to your advantage.

Thinking of giving up on teaching? I wouldn't given this situation. You won't find an easier, cheaper path to a one year visa.

• Haha 1

1.  congrats on quitting teaching, it's possibly one of the worst jobs on the planet (farang teaching in Thailand).  you will be much happier soon.  

2.  maybe post some pictures of your visa, stamp, whatever, and someone can help you

3.  i think (THINK) you can go to immigration, pay 1900, get until the end of November

4.  Good news:   After like two weeks, you might be ready to find another school and "teach" until you can leave the country.  yes, miserable, but you will soon forget about your old school.

if you have some money, i'm sure you will find a way to stay here until the borders open back up.  

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

1.  congrats on quitting teaching, it's possibly one of the worst jobs on the planet (farang teaching in Thailand).  you will be much happier soon.  

2.  maybe post some pictures of your visa, stamp, whatever, and someone can help you

3.  i think (THINK) you can go to immigration, pay 1900, get until the end of November

4.  Good news:   After like two weeks, you might be ready to find another school and "teach" until you can leave the country.  yes, miserable, but you will soon forget about your old school.

if you have some money, i'm sure you will find a way to stay here until the borders open back up.  

If not just wait for your next life....