Phuket Immigration agrees to change visa types, issue extensions

webfact

22 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Many unkind comments, not fair. The immigration department was trying to help people. It  gave a solution to a problem specific to  a number of foreigners, many who did not have money to pay new ticket,  wait in  foreign country quarantine, and to come back and do  quarantine again. 

Please come back and give your report when it happens. You are not respectful on this now.

Why you say this? Please come back and give your report when it happens. You are  not grateful that they  make solution to help  some foreigners who were in financial trouble.

this happenned at the Jomtien office.  So, yes, you are correct, I should reserve my comments for that office only.

On 10/31/2020 at 12:53 PM, LivinLOS said:

As long as its investment and still your own money.. you bet.. 

After 97 they offered instant PR for a 40 million investment. I know people who did it back then. 

I would have completed my investments by age 97 yo

I would be in favor of anybody showing a transfer of 65,000 Baht per month for the last 3 months  from overseas  get a 1 year visa.  After the first year, then need to show 12 months of deposits.  I think reasonable to require medical insurance or at least a required deposit to guarantee ability to pay medical cost. 

Instead of all these different qualifications for visas, give a visa to anybody that can show they are  bringing in enough money to Thailand.  This would allow digital nomads and anybody bringing in money to the country permission to live here.