What's the biggest regret of your life.

I have a couple. Getting married to someone whose advertising was way above the end product, and not listening to my own advice on investment. I'd be a multi-millionaire by now if I had. The guy who followed it is.

I have absolutely no regrets about coming to Thailand, just wish I had done it sooner.

• Like 2

With a difference of 8 months I lost my parents, both times, I flew to my country on the first flight as fast as I could, only to be late to say goodbye.  such a fast result was not expected.  I couldn't say goodbye or take her hands.  I still don't resign myself to accepting what happened and yet it saddens me ... What a shame.  It still makes me sad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Well mine involves my cousin, he was a big lad,his head was too large for his body 

and with a high forehead would be a shoo in for Frankenstein's monster,that's why

at 19 he was still a virgin.

Thinking I was helping him I said I know a girl who could help him with his problem,

so he obviously said yes,so off we go,she lives in a block of flats,so i toot my horn

and out comes Yvonne,she's a big girl, not in a fat way, A.K.A, The Hulk, she was well

know around Newcastle, her and her sidekick Sylvia, she was just the opposite of Yvonne,

5 foot 4 , long blonde curly hair,beautiful body,and she never gave it out to anyone,chalk

and cheese.

So I thought of a romantic setting for them ,so took them to Whitley Bay,Saint Mary's 

lighthouse,at the time I had a VW camper van, (wish I still had it),so after the deed was 

done took her back home, while we were going home,he's going on  none stop  about

her,how she's beautiful, lovely...on and on,I am saying to him, just forget her.

So a few weeks go past and i don't see him around, then I find out,the very next night

he made his way back to her,this is before all this social media stuff,mobile phones,

I don't know how he did it,he would have needed to take 3 buses,not only the next

night but every night after work he made his way there.

So i moved away from Tyneside, and would just hear bits and pieces of what was

going on back there, few years later,I find out they are married and have 3 kids,

few years later been living in Thailand a while,relations come to visit and I find

out she's buggered off ,with the kids and a coal miner down to the coal fields

in the Midlands somewhere,and he is distraught, starts drinking too much and

ends up in a mental hospital,because he has basically lost his mind, and he dies

in there, I still feel truly sorry I ever took him to she her,and still regret it to this day.

So what are your regrets, should never have gotten married,retired too late,..........

everybody has a regret.

regards worgeordie

Hard to follow.  Which one did he screw, Yvonne or Sylvia?  Which one did he marry?

• Haha 2

Two major regrets ( and dozens of less major ones )

Biggest one- moving in together with the hag <deleted> from hell western woman and her two revolting brats. Lost my house, my car and most of my money to that heartless <deleted>.

Second biggest regret- getting married.

Almost all my regrets involve women that I trusted. Either they are all the same, or I only met bad ones.

Actually I have three major regrets. The second equal is becoming a nurse. Terrible job full of bully managers and really badly paid. There is a reason it's easy to get a nursing job almost anywhere in the world.

I could have easily got a top paying job in the Aussie mines with my qualifications, but I was stupid and thought nursing was the right thing to do. Even when I went to the UK to get a nursing job I'd have been better off had I become a tube driver in London- way better pay and longer holidays, plus free travel in London. Sadly I was too old when I found out and I missed out on that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

i second that.     and a swiss passport would have been nice. 

Took me years before I realised that some parents actually love their children and want them around in their life.

That's not a regret in my life though, as I never really knew them- banished to boarding school and worked in the holidays.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

With a difference of 8 months I lost my parents, both times, I flew to my country on the first flight as fast as I could, only to be late to say goodbye.  such a fast result was not expected.  I couldn't say goodbye or take her hands.  I still don't resign myself to accepting what happened and yet it saddens me ... What a shame.  It still makes me sad.

I hear ya. Had this with my Mom a couple of years ago. Got from the airport to the hospital. She opened her eyes and stared right through me, nothing registered. About a week later she was gone. Somewhere in the back of my mind sits the nagging fear of a reply. All the more so with the Covid-19 situation, flights and quarantines.

• Like 1