What's the biggest regret of your life.

worgeordie

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Every mistake and stupid thing I have done, have lead me to where I am today, so, I see no reason to regret any of my experiences or wrong doings, since it have made me a better person, and taken me to a decent good life.

Would you say the same if where you are was horrible?

I do not understand your question. 

Im happy right where I am now, and see no reason to live in the past anymore.

25 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I do not understand your question. 

Im happy right where I am now, and see no reason to live in the past anymore.

and maybe most important, I stopped worrying about the future as well. Right here right now

and third, I prepere for the future with the knownledge I have, and the resourches I have. 

Edited by Tagged

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you were unhappy would you have regrets?

Whan I have been unhappy, I have tried my best to find a solution to my unhappiness.

you should search up neuroscience and how to hack your brain. Trust me it is the key to a better life. There is tons of information out there how to change how you thinking and leave the past and future worries behind you. I understand you are stuck right now, and been for a long time, but these are the tools you need. 

Good luck

Yet another Apple story here. Apple acquired my company in 1988. My options were set at $14.25 and I cashed them out in 1992 for $70.00. Ha ha, thought I was rolling in it. At least I still have the NSX I bought.

You would think I would have learned my lesson at this point but this was nothing compared to the bath I took at a dot.com bomb in 2000.

Buying my house in Thailand in the wifes name, don't get me wrong, I came here to stay in 2005 with my then girlfriend, now my wife, and bought her house after making sure over a few months that it would have a good chance of working out, we married in 2010 and are still together and have had a great marriage.

I am now full of regrets the way the Thai governments and unelected soldier "governments", have treated retirees since, all the reasons have been well documented. I would never have settled down, even though a have a lovely loving wife, if I had known how various Thai governments would have treated us retirees. 

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Selling my USA house in California. It would be well worth over $1.3 million now.

What about all those toys you painted, burned, blew up, swapped for gum, that are now fetching 4 figure sums on the antiques shows? 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, expat1010 said:

I bought about $33,000 in Apple stock back in 2001. I sold it all a few months later for $40,000. 

Old investors dilemma: If it goes well, you don't have enough of it and don't hold it long enough.

If it dosn't go well, you have too much of it and hold on to it too long.

Parallels with relationships (Men/Woman) are purely accidental. 

• Like 1

WHO MAKES MISTAKES VOLUNTARY AND ON PURPOSE? Later emerging as a "regret"?

It's all "hindsight".

As I write, how many lovers have sworn "eternal love" in a church today, only to find out that it was a "mistake" later on. But it seems to be a good idea today.

How many bank-robbers are doing time because at the time it seemed to be a great idea to rob a bank? Etc,etc.etc

It's all "hindsight".
----------------------
A case in point: Currently I think it would be a great idea to have 5 more beers. Tomorrow I will wake up with a headache, wondering how I could have found that having 5 more beers is a good idea yesterday?

It's all "hindsight". But it's the stuff "regrets" are made of.  Am I right or am I right?

20 hours ago, swissie said:

Old investors dilemma: If it goes well, you don't have enough of it and don't hold it long enough.

If it dosn't go well, you have too much of it and hold on to it too long.

Parallels with relationships (Men/Woman) are purely accidental. 

That reminds me of when the economic crash happened in Thailand and I changed all my Sterling when it had just started thinking I'd done well. I then left and when I returned it was 99 to the pound ( briefly ) I could have been set for life if I'd waited a while.

19 hours ago, swissie said:

A case in point: Currently I think it would be a great idea to have 5 more beers. Tomorrow I will wake up with a headache, wondering how I could have found that having 5 more beers is a good idea yesterday?

Not a good example as one would know that one might get a headache even before imbibing, and drank anyway. That's a self inflicted injury.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:24 AM, scammed said:

if i had the option, i should have chosen some other parents

Awesome. While I wouldn't do that, I do subscribe to the view that all parents screw up all kids. I think HOUSE said that.

Regret? It is a nothing... don't give the tw@t of a mind the satisfaction. 

Far as Thailand is concerned, no regrets. Just wish I'd spent more time there.